Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Discard

Votes: 16 61.5%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I debadged and I cant leave well enough alone, I experimented with the sport on the lower grille. I like it but then again it looks out of place and maybe that's because Im just not use to it.
The tape in the pic is double side and it wouldn't be present if I was to permanently mounted it. I thought about placing the Fusion on the left, but I like just the sport.
Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have mixed feelings about it. I think it would work for me if it were something shorter like SRT (Dodge) or ST/RS (Ford). The sport logo seems a little long to me.

Reactions: Wildcat Birdie

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have to agree with dlm. I think if it were something shorter, and was mounted to the grill itself, I think it would look better.

Part of the reason I wish they called it the ST or RS instead of Sport...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I like it. Without the tape, I think it will blend right in. Its not far off from the badges the others have mentioned that are usually in the grille. Down on the bottom like that, on the long side of the lower intake blocking, I think it fits in very nicely, Almost like it gives some purpose to the asymmetry.

Its giving me ideas...

EDIT: Also, IMO, It looks better in the middle than the bottom

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I like it. Without the tape, I think it will blend right in. Its not far off from the badges the others have mentioned that are usually in the grille. Down on the bottom like that, on the long side of the lower intake blocking, I think it fits in very nicely, Almost like it gives some purpose to the asymmetry.

Its giving me ideas...

EDIT: Also, IMO, It looks better in the middle than the bottom
I think you make a good point about seeing the tape. Sometimes its hard to look past.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Since I debadged and I cant leave well enough alone, I experimented with the sport on the lower grille. I like it but then again it looks out of place and maybe that's because Im just not use to it.
The tape in the pic is double side and it wouldn't be present if I was to permanently mounted it. I thought about placing the Fusion on the left, but I like just the sport.
Let me know what you think.
I think it is a clever spot to put the badge, and if you are set on not having it on the back, then on the grill isn't bad.

With that being said, I like the Badges right where they are on the car. After all, when you beat someone off the line, and they want to know what just smoked them, they gotta read the "Sport" off the back. ;)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it is a clever spot to put the badge, and if you are set on not having it on the back, then on the grill isn't bad.

With that being said, I like the Badges right where they are on the car. After all, when you beat someone off the line, and they want to know what just smoked them, they gotta read the "Sport" off the back. ;)
If I dont place them on the front, I plan to put the sport on the chrome spear once its painted.

·
Registered
481 Posts
not a fan ,like everyone has said if it were shorter it may look better. Someone mocked up "ST" on the front right of the car but on the upper grill, it looked killer but the car isnt an ST lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
This has me wondering how it would look with the smaller Sport badge from my 2010.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This has me wondering how it would look with the smaller Sport badge from my 2010.
I will have to look those up to check the size out.
Just measured them. The 2017 emblem is 6.5 inches wide by 0.5 tall. The 2010 is 6 inches wide by 7/8 tall. Not as big of a difference as I thought there would be.

·
Registered
491 Posts
not a fan ,like everyone has said if it were shorter it may look better. Someone mocked up "ST" on the front right of the car but on the upper grill, it looked killer but the car isnt an ST lol
Shouldn't it be though? What makes the Focus and Fiesta ST's and the Fusion not?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Shouldn't it be though? What makes the Focus and Fiesta ST's and the Fusion not?
Those cars seem more focused as a drivers car. Theres a few things that would need to be tweaked to live up to the ST badge IMO. The power management and the tranny are the two biggest areas.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I know you can get the ST's with two different Recaro seats, but I tried them all and personally hated them. Maybe good for race day but horrible for daily driver IMO. Now I'm not in love with my seats either, aside from their ability to make ice.(it's so cool)

That all said, I don't see why they couldn't have used the ST badge. Killer engine, unique suspension, and unique seats all seem to me to be enough differentiation to use ST if they wanted too. Sure it all could have been even better(sportier), but we're not comparing it to the level of an RS. Oh how I could dream of a Fusion RS. I guess Lincoln got that, minus real sporting intention.

To summarize your mock-up with the ST badging did look nice.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know you can get the ST's with two different Recaro seats, but I tried them all and personally hated them. Maybe good for race day but horrible for daily driver IMO. Now I'm not in love with my seats either, aside from their ability to make ice.(it's so cool)

That all said, I don't see why they couldn't have used the ST badge. Killer engine, unique suspension, and unique seats all seem to me to be enough differentiation to use ST if they wanted too. Sure it all could have been even better(sportier), but we're not comparing it to the level of an RS. Oh how I could dream of a Fusion RS. I guess Lincoln got that, minus real sporting intention.

To summarize your mock-up with the ST badging did look nice.
Honestly it wouldn't take much. Fords equivalent of a tune to put it at 400HP, get a real gearbox in the car if you stay auto(DSG etc), the torque vectoring diffs like in the 3.0 MKZ or RS and work on the handling a bit more it would be a killer car.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Ford has the most troublesome branding scheme I can think of.

Chevy uses SS and occasionally RS. With their specialty cars they see ZL1 and Z06 or ZR1, but the standard is the sporty version is an SS.
Pontiac used GT, GTP, and GXP as their tiers of performance.
Cadillac gets a -V.
Dodge has R/T and then SRT.
Ford, depending on the model, you can see badges that say ST, SHO, Sport, RS, GT, and in the past you saw the initials SVT a lot as well. I understand that keeping the RS for the Focus, and the GT for the Mustang, but why not combine the others into one. I don't care if they want to call it a Sport, a SHO, or an ST, but make it one of the three, not all of them depending on the model.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just got confirmation that my custom emblem shipped, Vert. He sent me a pic before he stuffed it in the box for shipping. It's 3 inches long, so about 1/2 the size of the original 2010-2012 badge. I think it will look pretty good on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
The ST on the mondeo is a 240 horse diesel - no gas engine option. Has "sport" suspension but not the active vectoring that we have. IMO they degrade the ST badge on this model, especially knowing what we have.

I have followed the discussions on the badging in a number of threads.

I am not a fan of the sport livery on the car either. My 2 cents worth would to have a GT badge on it. Not saying we are in Mustang GT world but more aligned with old school european grand tourers that were about travelling longer distances on winding roads making good time. Its not a track inspired car but one that can sit at 90 without any effort or you noticing. Just chewing up miles and enjoying it in the process.

Reactions: Flew and DaMiFo

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got confirmation that my custom emblem shipped, Vert. He sent me a pic before he stuffed it in the box for shipping. It's 3 inches long, so about 1/2 the size of the original 2010-2012 badge. I think it will look pretty good on the front.
I like it, so where do you plan on placing it? Once I get my car back, I think I might see how it looks on the grille area.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts