Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any hope for a Performance Pack for the Fusion Sport like the SHO with AdvanceTrac deactivation/Track Mode? The owners manual states that traction control is defeatable but stability is not.

What about the people that want to track these?

Even with the PP, the 6F55 and AWD system can split power 55/45 in the SHO but still cancels any thought of oversteer... the system isn't really "off".

Strange.

Also, how soon do you guys think ford perforomance can throw us a bone?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had to disable traction control in other cars to use the vehicle in the snow. I hope it's gonna work on this car which also has stability control not defeatable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you back out of your driveway into 6" of slush, put it in drive, the car will refuse to spin the tires and the car sits there and revs like the car doesn't have the power to spin the tires.Turn off the traction control and you will be able to get out of the slush pile.It used to happen all the time on my last two vehicles.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you back out of your driveway into 6" of slush, put it in drive, the car will refuse to spin the tires and the car sits there and revs like the car doesn't have the power to spin the tires.Turn off the traction control and you will be able to get out of the slush pile. It used to happen all the time on my last two vehicles.
My last two cars (an Audi and a BMW) have had AWD with traction control. Neither behaved anything like this over many snowy/slushy/icy winters in Pennsylvania and New Hampshire. I certainly hope that Ford's design is better than your last two vehicles.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm confused. What does "use" mean here? Doing donuts in a parking lot? Snow is the main reason for the existence of traction control.
Depending on conditions, sometimes it is helpful to have some wheelspin to get you going. Turning off traction control allows for that wheelspin to happen.

Still, rather than relying on this, the best approach is to have dedicated winter tires for such situations. My old BMW is RWD, and with winter tires, I have never had any issues in snowy Michigan winters. And I did not need to disable traction control either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you back out of your driveway into 6" of slush, put it in drive, the car will refuse to spin the tires and the car sits there and revs like the car doesn't have the power to spin the tires.Turn off the traction control and you will be able to get out of the slush pile.It used to happen all the time on my last two vehicles.
I'd be curious to know what your last two cars were. My last two were a '14 Fusion Titanium and an '11 SHO (both AWD) and I can say Fords traction control has been very good to me (compared to previous cars). I could literally get onto the road with pretty much any conditions and stomp on the accelerator and the the car accelerated quickly and drove straight with traction control on.

Now, even with traction control on, it's very possible to go sideways around corners if you goose it a bit when turning. Both of my last two handled a lot like a RWD car around corners, if you were looking for fun.

I've never had a problem with those cars in slush and only really had to be careful at all if I had any expectation of large ice patches. On snow, in slush or with just small icy patches (say refreeze) I could drive them like it was dry without any concerns.

·
Registered
77 Posts
One was a Nissan Juke and the other a Subaru. Possibly because they both were very under powered 4 cyl turbos with studded Nokians they didn't have the power but traction control off seemed to help at a dead stop in heavy wet snow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
One was a Nissan Juke and the other a Subaru. Possibly because they both were very under powered 4 cyl turbos with studded Nokians they didn't have the power but traction control off seemed to help at a dead stop in heavy wet snow.
Interesting. Well, as I said the Ford traction control is very good. Maybe not the best, but definitely you get better performance with it on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts