Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new Edge sport last week and also have a Fusion sport since last Sept - Just a observation - the shifting stock in the Edge is better than in the Fusion- - there is not near as much lag in the 2 to 3 shift and I actually think the Edge, even this it is heavier is just about as fast stock as the fusion - we are going to run both stock in a couple of weeks at NE Dragway and then download tunes on both and run again - Could be interesting.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Interested to here your results and continued observations. Edge Sport may be on my radar for my next car.
Unleashed has created some darn fast Edges.

·
Banned
249 Posts
We all know the FS is faster..........
Now let's wait for jhaltead lol
My Edge is faster, but only cause I don't lose all that drivetrain power cause FWD problems. but from a dig, I'm losing the race, from a roll I should be good.

With that said, overall the FS should be faster overall. I haven't dyno'd or tracked (hawaii problems) but GT500R has an edge also and he's done a lot more overall testing than I have, he's been tuned by LMS, Unleashed and SSI and tracked it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My Edge is faster, but only cause I don't lose all that drivetrain power cause FWD problems. but from a dig, I'm losing the race, from a roll I should be good.

With that said, overall the FS should be faster overall. I haven't dyno'd or tracked (hawaii problems) but GT500R has an edge also and he's done a lot more overall testing than I have, he's been tuned by LMS, Unleashed and SSI and tracked it.
Wouldn't you think the weight and aero dynamics would hinder you? I bet it does, go back to that parking garage and ask that sport to race

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
My wife has a '14 Explorer Sport and I have the '17 Fusion Sport. Maybe I can talk her into a back street race. Good for y'all (texas speak) cockerdogs

·
Banned
249 Posts
Wouldn't you think the weight and aero dynamics would hinder you? I bet it does, go back to that parking garage and ask that sport to race
only a 400lb difference between the two. and tuned both ran a 13.2 with the fusion beating the edge by 0.0## seconds on the 1/4 mile. Would it be close, probably. I said I'd lose from a dig, that's a given cause I spin tires all the way to 40mph with tons of torque steer throwing me around like a rag doll. The main thing I have going for me is way less HP/TQ loss in the drivetrain. One day I will eventually make it to a dyno.

can't race the Fusion Sport cause, it's still sitting in the same spot at the airport so the owner is probably vacationing somewhere.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have both. Stock the fusion is faster. Edge is not far behind though. The sport mode shifting strategy is better in the edge.

·
Registered
481 Posts
looking forward to some times

·
Registered
89 Posts
Interested to here your results and continued observations. Edge Sport may be on my radar for my next car.
Unleashed has created some darn fast Edges.
Where are the 1/4 mile times for the Unleashed Edges?

Fastest Edge so far is 13.2xx @ 104, only tenths behind the fastest Fusion Sport?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Is there parts on the edge? What's out there ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is there parts on the edge? What's out there ?
Here is the long long list of available performance parts for the Ford Edge Sport

- Tunes (Livernois, Unleashed, etc. etc.)
- Air filter (K&N, etc.)
- Axle Back Exhaust (MRT)
- Lowering Springs (H&R)

Assuming some of the Ford Fusion Sports fit the Edge...
- Throttle Body from BBK
- BOOMBA BOV

And that is it.... wow... no intercooler, no downpipes, no full intake, nothing else... so limited

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That blows.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Here is the long long list of available performance parts for the Ford Edge Sport

- Tunes (Livernois, Unleashed, etc. etc.)
- Air filter (K&N, etc.)
- Axle Back Exhaust (MRT)
- Lowering Springs (H&R)

Assuming some of the Ford Fusion Sports fit the Edge...
- Throttle Body from BBK
- BOOMBA BOV

And that is it.... wow... no intercooler, no downpipes, no full intake, nothing else... so limited
That blows.
Turbosmart BOV, it's actually a real BOV, not an adapter like the Boomba
also, Magnaflow exhaust for us FWD single year 2015 rare edges

it's been rough owning the Edge. Me and GT500R have been greatly anticipating the release of the fusion sport to make more products available for the edge, sadly the one main thing I wanted it to bring was an intercooler, but the setup is different between the two looking at the fordparts diagrams. I think the Edge could be a really solid AWD SUV if it had support, almost like a mini JGCSRT (jeep grand cherokee srt).It will never reach the heights of inertia powered 800hp cammed out whipple powered pure sounding goodness v8 power, but it could be a pretty **** good sleeper if it had the support. I was expecting a tune to turn this car into what it did and it really changed my whole perception of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Going to have to wait to do the comparison between our tuned Edge Sport and Fusion Sport - NE Dragway delayed opening and even the following week looks like rain - Maybe by May!!!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Haven't purchased vehicle yet myself, but it's coming down to the Edge Sport, Fusion Sport, or Taurus SHO.

Considering they're all fast and a good value, I was leaning towards the Fusion Sport due to handling/dynamics. The Taurus is in 3rd in my book due to its sheer size/weight and many say the handling isn't sharp.

The Edge Sport; well, it's a crossover-SUV. Current model has been around for a couple of years. I'm sure it's safe to say most kinks have been ironed out. However, wife already has a GMC Terrain. I feel no need for two crossovers-SUV's in the household. I'm also unsure about interior roominess. Never sat in one yet. Will at the AutoShow/Dealer soon enough

3rd place in my book, The Taurus SHO: Incentive/Rebate/Price wise, Best bang for the buck if you think about it. It's insane how you could probably pick one of these up for almost 10k less than sticker. But, I'd hate to feel a disconnect with the road handling wise. Also interior I heard isn't much different space wise than the FuSpo, even though the car is a lot heavier/bigger.

The new kicker for me, this thread surprised me with the Edge vs Fusion times. I guess numbers wise the Fusion Sport will be faster. Upper 4's for 0-60 vs low to mid 5's for Edge Sport; both tuned. 1/4 Mile times within 0.0x of eachother. But if you really think about, feeling wise, I suppose you wont really notice it sitting in the car if there were no numbers to crunch.

Edit: Prise wise, the Fusion Sport would be the cheapest out of them all, and the most fun to drive. Was just concerned with this 1st year release of issues though. I may just wait until June and get the 2018MY to be guaranteed. Or if they discount the 2017MY to be any more than 1k less than the 2018, that would be a hard decision. I would probably pay the extra 1k to not deal with a headache of earliest release models

You guys suck and have me thinkin now!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've never driven the SHO, but I did go against one the other day and I got him by about 2 car lengths. I took him off the line and we were pretty even the rest of the race. They're very close in speed.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Where are the 1/4 mile times for the Unleashed Edges?

Fastest Edge so far is 13.2xx @ 104, only tenths behind the fastest Fusion Sport?
I was pretty much referring to you and our friend in Hawaii. Sorry but to me that's pretty good for an SUV, particularly in my price range. Wouldn't be buying anything from AMG OR BMW M range, or even SRT. If I look to buy an Edge I'd be happy for it to be only tenth's behind my Sport. Didn't one of the Edge guys claim a 0-60 in 4.9s? Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Unleashed specifically, but I thought every tuned Edge on here was running Unleashed tune.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts