Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running an E30 tune? It is a blend of 91/93 octane and e85 for those who did not know. I ran a e30 tune in my Focus ST and it was sooooo much faster than the 93 tune. I raced another ST with full bolt ones including turboback exhaust, intercooler and 93 tune. I was all stock except the e30 tune and still pulled on him badly. So I was thinking it may be similar with the fusion sport.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
A few has talked about it, but I don't think anyone has tried it yet.
Had did you determine that you was at 30% corn when you ran the tune? I figured when the low fuel light came on = 2 gals, then add 5 more of 93 with 3 gal of E85.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my Focus ST I would wait till near empty than fill 3 gallons of E85 followed by the rest 93 octane. It never had any issues with the ethanol tune. I will say it was a torque monster, 365 torque to the wheels.

With the Fusion, it is an 18 gallon tank so 5 1/2 gallons of E85 and the rest 93/91 octane.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have E-30 in the pumps all mixed and ready to go. One of the benifits of living in the Midwest. Lol.

Has anyone determined if our fuel systems, turbos, and cats can handle E-30 yet? Or E-85? Wouldn't mind getting a tune in one of those, along with 91 and 87 just incase. But I don't wanna do it unless it's determined safe for our cars.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll contact Mr. Torrie of Unleashed tuning and see what he has to say about running an E30 tune in the fusion. I'll let you know what he says

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just checked
Page 154 of the manual states no fuel higher than 15% ethanol and no E-85
Yeah, it also says it right there when you open up the fuel door. E-30 would be 100% more than stated by Ford. This concerns me. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah, it also says it right there when you open up the fuel door. E-30 would be 100% more than stated by Ford. This concerns me. What do you guys think?
I really think if you run it on occasions it won't be a big deal. I think over time running it 24/7, it will cause issues with corrosiveness in the fuel system along with premature fuel pump failure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I loaded the E30 tune from Unleashed after testing with the 93 tune, the difference is pretty impressive. I haven't measured 0-60 but it feels like a completely different car, I would say mid to low 4 second is absolutely believable. This alone is worth the risk to me, plus it depends on how long you intend to keep the car. This car with bigger turbos/intercooler would be an absolute beast, but I am not trying to get too crazy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I loaded the E30 tune from Unleashed after testing with the 93 tune, the difference is pretty impressive. I haven't measured 0-60 but it feels like a completely different car, I would say mid to low 4 second is absolutely believable. This alone is worth the risk to me, plus it depends on how long you intend to keep the car. This car with bigger turbos/intercooler would be an absolute beast, but I am not trying to get too crazy.
That is great news! Please give us a run down the strip at some point. We are eagerly waiting track times.

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is great news! Please give us a run down the strip at some point. We are eagerly waiting track times.
I used to live in Houston and with previous cars I was always at Houston Raceway Park (now Royal Purple Raceway), so I will be looking for local tracks to test at! I told myself I was not going to get too wild with this car, but I already know I will eventually.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, the gas we get is already 10 to 15% ethanol as it is.. I've requested a e-30 tune as well *giddy with excitement*

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, the gas we get is already 10 to 15% ethanol as it is.. I've requested a e-30 tune as well *giddy with excitement*
I know it shows on the pump that it is up to 10% around here but I wonder if that means it is always 10% or higher...I think the same is true of E85, but I guess mixing for E30 is not going to be exact anyways.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is anybody running an E30 tune? It is a blend of 91/93 octane and e85 for those who did not know. I ran a e30 tune in my Focus ST and it was sooooo much faster than the 93 tune. I raced another ST with full bolt ones including turboback exhaust, intercooler and 93 tune. I was all stock except the e30 tune and still pulled on him badly. So I was thinking it may be similar with the fusion sport.
I saw your PM, but I cannot reply until I have 15 messages. The performance is incredible and I am certain at least as much of a difference as you experienced on the ST. This makes any risks worth it to me. Definitely unload the tune when taking it in. I have tuned many cars and never had an issue, even after a blown engine many years back (not a Ford car).

The tune (even 93) makes the car feel the way it should from the factory. It is quick out of the box, but when I think twin turbo engine I am expecting more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Loaded the tune last night, mixed 93 and e85 according to the Ethanol blend app to get @ E30. I ran a few 0-60 runs with the performance meter on my SCT tuner. I ended up running around 4.4-4.3 seconds 0-60.

While not accurate I'm sure, I do have many baseline runs at 4.6-4.7 seconds so there is an improvement. Also I had a full tank of gas and did not remove my spare tire or 80lb Sub-woofer box.

I wont get to the track till next week for a more accurate comparison.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Loaded the tune last night, mixed 93 and e85 according to the Ethanol blend app to get @ E30. I ran a few 0-60 runs with the performance meter on my SCT tuner. I ended up running around 4.4-4.3 seconds 0-60.

While not accurate I'm sure, I do have many baseline runs at 4.6-4.7 seconds so there is an improvement. Also I had a full tank of gas and did not remove my spare tire or 80lb Sub-woofer box.

I wont get to the track till next week for a more accurate comparison.
I look forward to seeing what you run.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Anyone ask Livernois if they have an E30 tune?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts