Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is anyone that is running a E30 Tune, I was curious as to how your gas mileage compares to that of the 93 Tune? Assuming that you had a 93 Tune prior to changing to the E30 Tune.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I've noticed a drop of 2-3 mpg with E30+. I'm on about E60 right now and saw a solid 3 mpg hit with all the WOT testing. I was averaging 20 mpg with 93 octane and now I'm at about 17-18 mpg. Keep in mind this is with a lot of WOT testing.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I've noticed a drop of 2-3 mpg with E30+. I'm on about E60 right now and saw a solid 3 mpg hit with all the WOT testing. I was averaging 20 mpg with 93 octane and now I'm at about 17-18 mpg. Keep in mind this is with a lot of WOT testing.
Hey @metroplex , I saw (over on the HPT forum maybe?) that you enabled your master switch for Flex Fuel Enablement. I saw that in VCM Suite as well, but I also noticed all the tables for Flex Fuel were all zeroed out. So nothing is populated over on that side. What did you use to populate those tables? Or did you just leave them all zeroes and the PCM calculates them during operation or something?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
If you're talking about tables like PE Fueling or otherwise (labeled as FFV) I just copied over the non-FFV values. I don't think I made any changes to the Flex Fuel tab other than to enable it and maybe populate the alcohol content. I used my Explorer flex fuel factory settings as a guide. With the 10 gallons of E85 in my tank, the LTFT was close to 0% so that tells me something was adjusted. Normally with E30-E40 w/o Flex Fuel logic enabled, the stoich needs to be richer OR the LTFT will show a highly positive percentage to indicate fuel is being added. At 90F ambient the charge temps were toasty but spark was not being really pulled. It's insane.

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7L Tuned for E30
17 Posts
If there is anyone that is running a E30 Tune, I was curious as to how your gas mileage compares to that of the 93 Tune? Assuming that you had a 93 Tune prior to changing to the E30 Tune.
My car tells me I'm getting 25mpg or so combined. On 93 octane I was doing 2-3mpg better. I'm not sure how much of that is my driving or the tune.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If you're talking about tables like PE Fueling or otherwise (labeled as FFV) I just copied over the non-FFV values. I don't think I made any changes to the Flex Fuel tab other than to enable it and maybe populate the alcohol content. I used my Explorer flex fuel factory settings as a guide. With the 10 gallons of E85 in my tank, the LTFT was close to 0% so that tells me something was adjusted. Normally with E30-E40 w/o Flex Fuel logic enabled, the stoich needs to be richer OR the LTFT will show a highly positive percentage to indicate fuel is being added. At 90F ambient the charge temps were toasty but spark was not being really pulled. It's insane.
What about your ECM 21320, for instance? Is that all zeroes?

So you just basically did the master enable then, it sounds like, and it did the right thing. I was looking some more today and most of the tables do appear to be filled out with what looks like valid FFV values. I think you're right, it might have been some of the Power Enrich stuff I was looking at (I think that's under Engine somewhere, not under Fuel, you're right). Anyhow I'll look at it some more but I don't even understand why we wouldn't just go ahead and turn that on, if the hardware can handle that level of alcohol. I guess Ford didn't, just because they didn't want to certify it or whatever their reasoning was. Probably just would add costs to the development if they had to work on all that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts