Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,286 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yeah that's like 580 hp but he's still running 12s from what I saw, maybe high 11s? There are cars heavier with less power running 11s

·
Super Moderator
1,286 Posts
Yeah that's like 580 hp but he's still running 12s from what I saw, maybe high 11s? There are cars heavier with less power running 11s
Actually he ran a 11.76 @ 118.93. FYI it isn't TwinForce_Fusion...

·
Super Moderator
1,286 Posts
Sorry for delay in reply, been driving all day. This is Marcelino from FB group. He has Levels FMIC, UP downpipes, RMM. custom exhaust, hybrid MKZ turbos built by Hung Chou of Revolution Turbos and is custom tuned by James Gordon aka Tuning by James. This is before he installed the HPFP.

Reactions: LeVeL

·
Super Moderator
1,286 Posts
The Fusion should be in the low 11s with that much power. I wonder if he has massive traction problems
Yes James has been pretty creative with the traction issue and working on resolution.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sorry for delay in reply, been driving all day. This is Marcelino from FB group. He has Levels FMIC, UP downpipes, RMM. custom exhaust, hybrid MKZ turbos built by Hung Chou of Revolution Turbos and is custom tuned by James Gordon aka Tuning by James. This is before he installed the HPFP.
Ahhh... should have guessed it was “the world’s fastest Fusion”. I’ve been following his progress on FB too.

·
Super Moderator
1,286 Posts
255 drag radials.
Not sure if he is running drag radials yet. He did loose some unsprung weight changing wheels but can't remember what tires. Also in one of the conversation with the amount of HP/TQ he is running now 1st gear is useless so James has him setup for 2nd gear launches which has helped. But he has said there is more work to be done. Now with the installation of the pump there is more tune work to be done to take full advantage of it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Not sure if he is running drag radials yet. He did loose some unsprung weight changing wheels but can't remember what tires. Also in one of the conversation with the amount of HP/TQ he is running now 1st gear is useless so James has him setup for 2nd gear launches which has helped. But he has said there is more work to be done. Now with the installation of the pump there is more tune work to be done to take full advantage of it.
As a comparison the BMW X3 M Competition is 4600 lb and 503 hp, runs 11.6 in the 1/4 factory stock and apparently can take on the C8 Vette.

That ZF 8 speed has a 5.00 1st gear ratio and 3.15 final drive. Seems to launch fine on stock summer tires 255 front and 265 rear. I mapped out the X3s shift points and at WOT it would shift at the same MPH as the Fusion Sport and both would have the same number of shifts. That ZF does shift fast though so that's worth a few tenths.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
He has 245/40/19 federal RS Pro street tires in the front only

·
Registered
64 Posts
As a comparison the BMW X3 M Competition is 4600 lb and 503 hp, runs 11.6 in the 1/4 factory stock and apparently can take on the C8 Vette.

That ZF 8 speed has a 5.00 1st gear ratio and 3.15 final drive. Seems to launch fine on stock summer tires 255 front and 265 rear. I mapped out the X3s shift points and at WOT it would shift at the same MPH as the Fusion Sport and both would have the same number of shifts. That ZF does shift fast though so that's worth a few tenths.
I wonder if swapping in Ford's new 8 speed auto from the Edge ST would help/be worth it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wonder if swapping in Ford's new 8 speed auto from the Edge ST would help/be worth it.
I don't think it would do much of anything since the Edge ST is not really faster than the FFS. It may give a little boost but for all the work and money there are many less expensive upgrades that can be done which will yield more performance.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

Comparing an 85 thou, probably HP underrated ride, to our Sports??

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Hootushead what gear is your dyno run ?

·
Registered
199 Posts

That's not entirely accurate or fair. The X3MC is tremendously underrated from the factory - bone stock they make ~492whp.

So...
Marcelino: 496hp/482tq - [email protected]
X3MC: 492hp/446tq - [email protected]

Yes, there is a 400-500lbs difference but the BMW has the excellent ZF8 transmission and wider tires. It also starts at $80k before options.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts