Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a double post since I put the numbers in my build page too but, figured more people might see it here.
Anyway, I finally got my Sport on the dyno today.

335hp and 427ft/lb

This was on a load cell Dyno similar to a Mustang Dyno as opposed to a Dynojet.

Mods include, Unleashed 93 octane/100% methanol injection tune, FMIC, axle back Flowmaster DBXs, K&N Drop-in, big mouth

Attachments

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Nice , our builds are very similar good info for when I head to the dyno ...

·
Registered
400 Posts
No big flashy peak whp like other platforms but look at the area under the curve! Almost straight power band, all the way to 5500 rpm. Peak whp is mostly overrated

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Car is super quiet. Wonder how those dbx would sound with a mid section resonator delete.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I didn’t do 90% highway driving (drone) or have my kiddos in the the back seat a lot, I totally would have went more aggressive with the exhaust tone. Maybe someday I’ll make it sound a little meaner. 😈

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
what did it cost for the dyno runs ?

·
Registered
400 Posts
If I didn’t do 90% highway driving (drone) or have my kiddos in the the back seat a lot, I totally would have went more aggressive with the exhaust tone. Maybe someday I’ll make it sound a little meaner.
So wait your exhaust setup using is DBX mufflers has no drone? And has a mellow sound level?? Interesting. Any sound clips

·
Registered
163 Posts
If I didn’t do 90% highway driving (drone) or have my kiddos in the the back seat a lot, I totally would have went more aggressive with the exhaust tone. Maybe someday I’ll make it sound a little meaner.
Loud and drone are very different. I researched the dbx a lot and there is a good chance they still would have no drone without the stock resonator. It may be the holy grail for this car.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Loud and drone are very different. I researched the dbx a lot and there is a good chance they still would have no drone without the stock resonator. It may be the holy grail for this car.

What makes you say that? What makes DBX a good match for us

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
So you're not running an E30-E50 tune? That will bump up the power numbers quite a bit more. Do you have a baseline run as well (pre-IC/tune/etc)? I'm trying to see how much power gain you can get just from the intercooler.

Do you know how much air mass is being flowed as well as boost?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We ended up adding some ethanol to the tank while working with Torrie on my 93/WMI tune. Just bumping up to 20-25% made a huge difference in bringing down KR and the timing he could add.

He got to the point that he wasn’t comfortable adding any more timing but the car wouldn’t add any timing on its own. On a WOT pull from a stop the KR immediately goes to 0* and stays there till I let off.

Now that I have an ethanol content analyzer installed maybe I’ll bump up to 30-35% and send Torrie a datalog and see if he thinks there’s room for improvement.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've always wondered but never seen an answer to a question I have about running the higher-ethanol tunes...... Do our stock HPFPs run enough flow rate to even drive that effectively? I could see a situation where if the pump wasn't capable of carrying the increased flow rate that would be needed to carry an ethanol-rich fuel mix that would cause a problem with achieving stoich or even with pump failures. Do the people doing this have to replace the fuel pump (I'm guessing just the HP side)? Or does our stock pump have enough capacity from factory?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I've run over E50 with full boost and didn't see a decrease in fuel pressure... My SHO on the other hand had issues above E30

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've always wondered but never seen an answer to a question I have about running the higher-ethanol tunes...... Do our stock HPFPs run enough flow rate to even drive that effectively? I could see a situation where if the pump wasn't capable of carrying the increased flow rate that would be needed to carry an ethanol-rich fuel mix that would cause a problem with achieving stoich or even with pump failures. Do the people doing this have to replace the fuel pump (I'm guessing just the HP side)? Or does our stock pump have enough capacity from factory?
I've seen people run as high as e50 tune on the completely stock fueling system. Any higher e mix tune would require an upgraded hpfp (the xdi-35 is the most popular choice for this upgrade)

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much spark were you running at WOT in the 4k+ RPM range?
I’m have no idea. I’ve never seen one of my datalogs. I just send them to Torrie straight from my BDX. Could you pull that info off a datalog if I sent it too you?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I’m have no idea. I’ve never seen one of my datalogs. I just send them to Torrie straight from my BDX. Could you pull that info off a datalog if I sent it too you?
I don't know. My SCT Livelink software needs to be updated big time as I haven't used SCT to tune since 2016. Would Torrie be able to give you that info? Don't you have any SCT software that you can use to open the data?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts