Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what tools I will need to replace my intake with the dual cold air intake from Steeda.

Thanks

·
Banned
249 Posts
seriously though, hop in one of the many steeda intake installs and ask. hopefully they sent you the right pars unlike most members here

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
CAI install

Can anyone tell me what tools I will need to replace my intake with the dual cold air intake from Steeda.

Thanks
There is a thread known as "Steeda Intake Install" it contains tool recommendations, procedures to follow, lessons learned and helpful hints--sign in, then enter the thread name in the lower search bar with VB as the search tool. THEN: 1. Go to that thread 2. Determine if the exterior diamters of your velocity stacks are the same--if not, STOP, Call Steeda and tell them the stacks are different sizes and they will send you the appropriate part. 3. Read Steeda's instructions and read ALL the install thread. Good Luck and budget 4-6 hours for the install. cockerdogs:D

·
Registered
868 Posts
There is a thread known as "Steeda Intake Install" it contains tool recommendations, procedures to follow, lessons learned and helpful hints--sign in, then enter the thread name in the lower search bar with VB as the search tool. THEN: 1. Go to that thread 2. Determine if the exterior diamters of your velocity stacks are the same--if not, STOP, Call Steeda and tell them the stacks are different sizes and they will send you the appropriate part. 3. Read Steeda's instructions and read ALL the install thread. Good Luck and budget 4-6 hours for the install. cockerdogs:D
[end]Thread[/end]

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Well I was actually looking for what sockets I need and wrench's. But thanks
I used 1/4" sockets (#7 I think) to remove the bolts holding the existing air box to the radiator bracket. 1/4" drive with adapter to hold a #3 allen head driver for the velocity stacks, a pair of pliers and crescent wrench to adjust the new stud at the bottom of the new CAI. Flat screwdriver to loosen the large hoses connecting to the air box and new CAI. I used a right angle electric driver (1/4" octagon bit with a two inch extension with an octagon to square male end to hold the allen head driver#3) for attaching the velocity stacks to the CAI. You can use a straight electric driver if you want. I may have missed one or another, but this should get you started. Again, others have addresed tools and technique in the CAI install thread. cockerdogs

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
You can use a #3 Allen wrench in place of the electric driver, extension and bit--using an allen wrench looked like it would take forever to put all the screws in the velocity stacks and I don't have that kind of patience

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put my intake in today. They did send me the wrong velocity stack. I got the right one today and put it all together. only took me 1 hour and i like. It wasn't the easiest thing to do but got it down and happy with it!

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
gasoline and a lighter
My take on technology also--push or throw whatever it is into the alley and gasoline/lighter it. Had an HP printer that a HP software update killed. Took it to the alley, used a sledge hammer, took pictures, sent them to Carly Fiorina (HP chairman) and said I'd never buy their product again. Her admin emailed me and asked me what they could do to help me and I replied I'd already fixed the problem with the sledge hammer. cockerdogs:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts