Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was at the dealer for a week getting a paint chip fixed. The DRL's were on like they should during daytime driving before it was in the shop. Now the DRL's aren't on during daytime driving as they should. I didn't see anything that can help in the owners manual. I haven't checked with the dealer yet.

Yes the DRL's are configurable, and the option is checked for them to be on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They come on with the headlights as normal I forgot to mention. Would that still be a loose plug you think? I'll have to look

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the configurable DRLs to turn on, you need to set the headlight switch to auto then they will come on when in any gear other than park.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the configurable DRLs to turn on, you need to set the headlight switch to auto then they will come on when in any gear other than park.

they are supposed to be on basically all the time, even with the dial in the off position. Per the manual, they should be on when the dial is in the off position; no "auto" headlights required. That's what the function of DRL's are supposed to be, and is with other Ford that have them (my explorer sport).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to make sure I'm not going crazy; are others LED DRL's working/on under daytime driving (the headline dial in the off position)? They should be on as well in park position with the engine running (with dial in off).

Thanks all

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just to make sure I'm not going crazy; are others LED DRL's working/on under daytime driving (the headline dial in the off position)? They should be on as well in park position with the engine running (with dial in off).

Thanks all
For type 2 - configurable
Setting enabled in info display
Transmission not in park
Lighting control is in the auto lamps position
Headlamps are OFF.
PG 76
You will have to have someone look from outside the car to see if they are working.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can't confirm this but I thought the Signature Lighting (LEDS) and the DRLs are different. (Still waiting on my Sport).

·
Registered
100 Posts
You have to have the switch in the Auto Position and the car has to be OUT of PARK. Someone tried to break in my car and failed, due to the acoustic windows(they DON'T shatter). I had the dealer replace the driver's door window. When i got home, i thought something was wrong because the Signature LED's weren't on, but the dealer turns the dial to off position because they don't care for all those lights to stay on after getting out in the warehouse. Just turn the switch on. You've never seen them on without it on auto. You put it on auto after you bought the car just like every one else! lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I was completely mistaken. I never use the auto function; and didn't have it on before either. But I swore they were on. Even had my wife look. Anyhow I was confused, the point of LED DRL's is they are "supposed" to be on all the time, regardless of being in auto dial position. They are a safety feature first, aesthetic feature second. Most auto manufacturers have it this way. The Ford Explorer Sport doesn't even require this.

My mistake; thanks again!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts