Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the DRL LEDs are capable of changing color - they're white in DRL mode but they turn amber when you use your turn signals. Is there a way to force DRLs to be amber? When you used your turn signal the amber LEDs would blink like normal but instead of returning to white after the turn, they'd remain a solid amber.

I've always liked how much Tundra/Tacoma and Telluride amber DRLs stand out on the road.

·
Registered
754 Posts
That picture in a snowstorm made me throw up in my mouth a little…

• Haha
Reactions: maydk65 and LeVeL

·
Registered
706 Posts
The wheels alone make me want to vomit, LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I haven't tried this on mine (just no interest to), but if you want, try this:

DRLType = TurnLamp: 726-50-01 08xx

My default was 10xx

Make a backup (as always) first! Let us know if this worked. If not, I may have one more thing you can try.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
That picture in a snowstorm made me throw up in my mouth a little…
I thought the picture was fine, but the complimentary words about Toyotas and Kias sure made me want to heave. ;)

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
335 Posts
My o
It looks like the DRL LEDs are capable of changing color - they're white in DRL mode but they turn amber when you use your turn signals. Is there a way to force DRLs to be amber? When you used your turn signal the amber LEDs would blink like normal but instead of returning to white after the turn, they'd remain a solid amber.

View attachment 28361

I've always liked how much Tundra/Tacoma and Telluride amber DRLs stand out on the road.
I like the idea of this post. The only issue I can see is that our amber LEDs are spaces within the white LEDs, this means that the entire strip that is usually white isn't amber when switchbacked, only like 75% of the whole strip is lit amber.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My o

I like the idea of this post. The only issue I can see is that our amber LEDs are spaces within the white LEDs, this means that the entire strip that is usually white isn't amber when switchbacked, only like 75% of the whole strip is lit amber.
I noticed that earlier this morning and it's turned me off the idea a bit. I might still try it and see what it looks like, we'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts