Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Of course now my car is out of its comprehensive and powertrain warranty the cooled / heated function on drivers seat have stopped working. I never used the cooled seats much as like others on this forum, they kinda suck a majority of the time. They were working earlier this summer but now the button lights up without any cooling or motor sounds like prior. It appears to work perfect on the passenger's side. The heated function is also gone which is far more an issue as fall is rapidly approaching and it's something I use regularly.

Anyone had a similar issue or suggestions as to how to deal with it? Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi @ottlife91 ,

A few things that come to mind as possibilities:

1. Driver's side Peltier unit
2. Fan for Peltier unit (not sure if this is integrated into the unit or not)
3. Wiring harness
4. Fuse

I would scan for codes and see what you get. That would be a good start. Beyond that, you'd almost need to get into the seat and see exactly what's happening in there.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Just a few more thoughts and the plan I might follow if I were in your situation:

1. Check for codes
2. Check the fuse
3. Open the seat and check the fan
4. Check the Peltier unit with a laser thermometer
5. Check harness conductivity

If something failed along the way, I'd stop and fix/replace that component, then try again.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport
46 Posts
It is almost certainly one of the Peltier units. When I bought my car, the passenger side heating and cooling didn't work. I got the dealer to repair it. Shortly there after, the driver's side stopped working. I haven't fixed it yet but I am probably going to fix it myself. There are two units in the seat. One in the bottom and one in the back. They both have heating and cooling functions and from what I have gathered, if one unit malfunctions, both units stop working. You have to remove and disassemble the seat to replace them so if I was going to do it, I would replace both units anyway. Somewhere around here I have the part number for the part that the dealer used and if I remember correctly, it is the same part number regardless of if it's the back or bottom, or passenger side or driver's side.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
150 Posts
It is almost certainly one of the Peltier units. When I bought my car, the passenger side heating and cooling didn't work. I got the dealer to repair it. Shortly there after, the driver's side stopped working. I haven't fixed it yet but I am probably going to fix it myself. There are two units in the seat. One in the bottom and one in the back. They both have heating and cooling functions and from what I have gathered, if one unit malfunctions, both units stop working. You have to remove and disassemble the seat to replace them so if I was going to do it, I would replace both units anyway. Somewhere around here I have the part number for the part that the dealer used and if I remember correctly, it is the same part number regardless of if it's the back or bottom, or passenger side or driver's side.
Please post the part number when you find it.

Reactions: Engineer
1 - 5 of 5 Posts