Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this yesterday, had the car for a little over a year now. Have no clue what could have caused this? And as you can see from the picture i don't actually rub against that part of the seat when i'm driving. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
997 Posts
Constant ingress and egress. Those type of side bolsters are great for road racing, not so useful on the street. When the dealer was selling Boss 302's with the Recaros, the side bolsters were totally worn out just from people getting in and out of the seat inside the showroom.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So most likely it's my belt rubbing against it when getting in and out of the car. I assume the dealership won't do anything for me since it's my own wear and tear right? I'm just worried it's going to get a lot worse since its only been 1 year

·
Registered
82 Posts
So most likely it's my belt rubbing against it when getting in and out of the car. I assume the dealership won't do anything for me since it's my own wear and tear right? I'm just worried it's going to get a lot worse since its only been 1 year
If it makes you feel better mine is a 2017 with 26k miles, Ive owned if for about as long and it looks about as bad as yours... I think it just wears the top down and then nothing much else gets worn down.

If that makes sense.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've read here in the past some have have their seat upholstery replaced under warranty for this this problem. Worth a try...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it makes you feel better mine is a 2017 with 26k miles, Ive owned if for about as long and it looks about as bad as yours... I think it just wears the top down and then nothing much else gets worn down.

If that makes sense.
I do know what you mean actually, because the top coat is almost has a plastic feel on that spot. So maybe it won't get any worse. If i do notice getting worse i may talk to the dealer about it

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just noticed this yesterday, had the car for a little over a year now. Have no clue what could have caused this? And as you can see from the picture i don't actually rub against that part of the seat when i'm driving. Any ideas?
I do know what you mean actually, because the top coat is almost has a plastic feel on that spot. So maybe it won't get any worse. If i do notice getting worse i may talk to the dealer about it

Hi xrazor. Do not assume the Dealer will do nothing. Normal wear and tear should not cause that sort of issue in a year. The leather/treatment was probably defective. Make a service appointment, take the car in and have it looked at. It should be replaced under warranty.

Concerning whether it will get worse: Yes, once the top clear protective micro-coating has worn away, it will definitely get worse over time. So have it looked at for warranty replacement.

And that advice goes for everyone, whenever we have an issue with our cars, while still under Warranty. We paid for the car, and the Warranty is part of the contract. If there is an issue, make an appointment and bring it in. Short of abuse or negligence, most warranty issues are usually covered.

The worst that can happen is the Dealer denies Warranty coverage. If that happens, we can ask for a justification as to why it was denied and contact Ford if necessary.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is a warrantable condition. Take the car to your dealership and they will be able to replace the seat cover for it. I would check all the seat covers to make sure that none of them are exhibiting a similar wear pattern. If your dealership says that its not warrantable, insist that they review the Seat Cover Warranty Coverage Information GSB (18-7042) and to submit it for approval.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback, I will bring to the dealership to see what they can do for me.

Is it easier to bring the car back to the dealership i purchased it from or any Ford dealership could warranty it for me? (i also know that some dealerships might be more friendly than others)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback, I will bring to the dealership to see what they can do for me.

Is it easier to bring the car back to the dealership i purchased it from or any Ford dealership could warranty it for me? (i also know that some dealerships might be more friendly than others)

Hi xrazor. Well, technically and according to our New Car Warranty, you can bring the car back to any Ford Dealer.

Did you purchase the car new? In some cases, the Dealer you purchased the vehicle from may be more motivated to keep you happy, so it is usually best to bring it back to the Dealer where you purchased, if possible.

If not possible, or difficult, then take it to any Ford Dealer you wish. As you stated, it can all depend on the Dealership. Some Dealerships (i.e. their Service Personnel) are very friendly and welcome warranty work. Others get grouchy, even if you purchased the car there.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got around to bringing my car in for this. Got the approval for the seat replacement under warranty, just have to wait for the part to come in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts