Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally ran a couple of coworkers after a few months of smack talk. Time slip on left was against 2017 Dodge Daytona Charger with 485HP and the right was against an S10 with a 5.3L swap and 350HP. Temp was 82 with 50% humidity. I had a better 60ft with the left slip and launched at 2500 but I did have a little wheel hop. As you can see, I tree'd the charger bad.
I think in cooler weather I can get an 8.1 or 8.2.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm amazed that you kept up with a scat pack. I figured even with a tun we still wouldn't be able to touch them

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm not surprised, the 1/8th mile plays to the Sports strength, AWD and good low end TQ. I'll dust a lot of cars in the 8th but they pass me at the 1/4 mile mark.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah, the 1/8 is reasonable cause AWD and close enough HP. The 1/4 isnt because the HP advantage is just way too much. I think stock scatpacks trap around 112MPH. A tuned Sport should be 106-107MPH, thats a big difference. The faster you are going, the more HP is requires exponentially to go even faster.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Traction plays a big part along with a driver mod. The 392s run 12.7s in the 1/4 mile so the sport had a chance with a tune.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Traction plays a big part along with a driver mod. The 392s run 12.7s in the 1/4 mile so the sport had a chance with a tune.
Sure, but by the time you get to the 1/4 mile market, that charger is going to be running down the sport hardcore. The sport might be able to keep pace with the charger in the 1/4 mile, but the charger is a much faster car. In any situation other than from a dead stop, the charger will win by a good amount.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure, but by the time you get to the 1/4 mile market, that charger is going to be running down the sport hardcore. The sport might be able to keep pace with the charger in the 1/4 mile, but the charger is a much faster car. In any situation other than from a dead stop, the charger will win by a good amount.
Yes, a role race would be ugly for the Sport.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wonder how the Charger and tuned Sport would fare against each other in a timed road course? I'd guess that the Sport, with it's AWD and torque, would really make the Charger work for a faster time? Don't really care about straight-line comparisons, it's kinda like watching a NASCAR race (left turn, Clyde). But get 'em on a road course, now you've got my interest...

Reactions: Fozzy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Charger for sure not a road course animal - Best American Road Course cars tested this year (Car and Driver) are the Camaro, GT350 and Focus RS -Our sport would not stand a chance against any of those. For some reason the Corvette was not compared. The new Focus RS actually beat out all the foreign cars in its class - If they would just put a better manual Transmission (very sloppy with long throw) I would think pretty hard about getting one - If you tune that 350 HP beast it is a mid to low 12 Sec car and and great on the twists!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Charger for sure not a road course animal - Best American Road Course cars tested this year (Car and Driver) are the Camaro, GT350 and Focus RS -Our sport would not stand a chance against any of those. For some reason the Corvette was not compared. The new Focus RS actually beat out all the foreign cars in its class - If they would just put a better manual Transmission (very sloppy with long throw) I would think pretty hard about getting one - If you tune that 350 HP beast it is a mid to low 12 Sec car and and great on the twists!!
putting a short throw shifter in the RS would fix that problem easily

·
Registered
333 Posts
Meh...I just can't get past the boy toy, Fast & Furious look of that Focus...on a road rally course it wouldn't look out of place, but on the street...too bad Ford didn't put that kind of effort into marketing the Fusion Sport. That's okay though, we'll be a select crowd then the Sport version goes out of production, kinda like what happened with the F-150 Lightning!

·
Registered
33 Posts
The best time i've gotten at Brainerd International Raceway was 14.220 for my first time on the drag strip. It was a great time i recommend everyone going at least once.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
The best time i've gotten at Brainerd International Raceway was 14.220 for my first time on the drag strip. It was a great time i recommend everyone going at least once.
nice job! You had a DA of 2500 that day. not to shabby for stock. Did you brake torque, or just floor it? I am going tomorrow to Irwindale 1/8th mile strip

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here is a nice video that shows potential for the Fusion LOL

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a nice video that shows potential for the Fusion LOL

https://youtu.be/2wH-NdlU8aw
I took a video with my sony actin cam mounted to my windshield. It was pointed into his lane, but the bad part is you never see his car since I was in front the whole time. I had another guy from work video it from the side and I need him to send it to me so I can post it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts