Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a set of these once my tires on the OEM wheels bite the dust. Specs are below and would likely put 235/45-18 tires on them.

My only question is if they will fit? I do have 25mm rear / 20mm front spacers already, it's just more the worry of them hitting the brake calipers closest to the "barrel" of the wheel.

Product Specifications:
Product ID: ALY3960.PB01
Product: Wheel/Rim
Material: Aluminum
Style: 10 Double Spoke
Finish: Powder Coat Black
Size: 18x8
Lugs: 5
Bolt Pattern: 108mm
Offset: 55mm
Indents: DS7C1007P1A, DS7C1007P1B, DS7C1007B1B, DS7CP1A, DS7CB1B
OE Part Number: DS7Z1007L, GS7Z1007A

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Those are nice. Only way to tell is to get them to measure the inside barrel of the wheel. My snowflake st wheels barely clear but the newer st wheels won't.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are nice. Only way to tell is to get them to measure the inside barrel of the wheel. My snowflake st wheels barely clear but the newer st wheels won't.
Yeah, good call. I will reach out to them and see what they say. Thanks, Don!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Mine aren't on my car so I can measure them if needed

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be much appreciated. Especially since it would be hard for me to measure accurately with a wheel off from the center of the hub to the outside of a caliper.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I heard back from the seller and here's what they sent me.

(Back Flange) Inner Barrel : 17.5"
(Front) Inner Barrel : 16.25"

I think I will be taking the wheels off this weekend to check how the clearance looks. I'll probably make up a cardboard template.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I measured my snowflakes. Backside inner diameter 17.5" inside front face 16.25ish.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I could get away with 245 width tires on them? I'd be running 20-25mm spacers, so that makes me think there wouldn't be any issues there...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I will be using 245's. That's the limit on an 8" wide wheel

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm debating on doing 245-40 or 245-45. haven't decided yet, since I do auto cross but also drag race.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 40 series would look more aggressive for sure, but I'm about 100% that I'm doing 45 series for ride comfort since our roads are crap over here, (they take better care of the bike lanes in PDX) and being how much I drive...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just keep in mind that the 45 series will be a slightly taller tire. It will change your final drive ratio a bit, and may throw your speedo off a little. A taller tire will reduce your overall final drive ratio - not optimal for drag racing.

Will it be noticeable? Maybe not. Just wanted to mention it.

BTW - I was in the tire business for 20 years. But that was a LONG time ago...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just keep in mind that the 45 series will be a slightly taller tire. It will change your final drive ratio a bit, and may throw your speedo off a little. A taller tire will reduce your overall final drive ratio - not optimal for drag racing.

Will it be noticeable? Maybe not. Just wanted to mention it.

BTW - I was in the tire business for 20 years. But that was a LONG time ago...
It's not a major difference

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
And actually taller is better for drag racing.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Better for drag racing based on what??

Increasing tire diameter effectively reduces your final drive ratio. That reduces torque multiplication.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Better for drag racing based on what??

Increasing tire diameter effectively reduces your final drive ratio. That reduces torque multiplication.
taller sidewall will have a bit more give when you get on it from a stop.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm obviously missing the point. You want sidewall "give" when drag racing? Like wrinkle walls on dragsters?

The fact remains that a taller tire reduces your final drive (axle) ratio, and reduces torque multiplication. Reducing torque is not optimal for drag racing.

That's why performance cars come with performance gear ratios (often as an option), or people change their axle ratios or "gears" for better acceleration.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well how about this. My last car I would run out of gear too soon with my 225-40-18 so I was told to switch to a 17" 45 profile tire. When I hit the track I was able to lower tire pressure and run 4th gear through the line without hitting rev limiter. So I guess taller is better with the gearing I had. So I'm going to say until I can run my 18" 45 profile. You might be right. I've read a lot about this and there's pros and cons about both. I know short sidewalls are not good because there's no give.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts