Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually my Fusion just sits in the garage except for weekends and trips. Last week I was forced to commute in it because of some child care issues. This also forced me to drive in at 5:30am which is a time that I am not normally on the roads. This all resulted in me hitting a deer. So far the driver side headlight assembly is the most expensive item by far.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've noticed that the LEDs have very sharp horizontal cutoff with very little illumination elsewhere. Not good for spotting hazards along the road -- like deer. I plan to drive with the auto high beams pretty much all the time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, that really stinks. And I was all upset about a chip on my hood. I'll bet the lights are expensive. An old Audi of mine was $1500 for a headlight, but they were self leveling.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh man, definitely sorry to hear that. How much is the headlight if you don't mind me asking ? What else was needed to be replaced/fixed ?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ouch... That's a bummer. Hopefully you and anyone else in the car is okay. Also curious on the headlight replacement.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've noticed that the LEDs have very sharp horizontal cutoff with very little illumination elsewhere. Not good for spotting hazards along the road -- like deer. I plan to drive with the auto high beams pretty much all the time.
I did see the deer in time to cut my speed in half. I was probably going around 25-30 in a 55 zone when I hit it. I'm pretty sure I had the brights on at the time. It was actually running across the road from left to right. Not much I could have done to avoid it.

Wow, that really stinks. And I was all upset about a chip on my hood. I'll bet the lights are expensive. An old Audi of mine was $1500 for a headlight, but they were self leveling.
Oh man, definitely sorry to hear that. How much is the headlight if you don't mind me asking ? What else was needed to be replaced/fixed ?
Ouch... That's a bummer. Hopefully you and anyone else in the car is okay. Also curious on the headlight replacement.
My Left front headlamp assembly had a small chip in the glass where it connected with the Fender. The cost of the "LT Headlamp assy w/o adaptive lamps" is $2,312.87:eek: for the OEM Ford part. The bad news is this part is on national back order.:crying: I'm guessing something about this part is whats been holding up delivery for lots of folks. They did find evidence that it had been removed and put back in since the car was built on both the driver and passenger side(look for a little chalk/clay around the bolts that hold it in)

Here are all the big ticket items...
FRONT BUMPER & GRILLE
Bumper cover w/o auto park w/o tow hook $856
Upper grille storm metallic $736

RADIATOR SUPPORT
Shutter assembly (I'm not exactly sure what this is) $733

AIR CONDITIONER & HEATER
Condenser (This is what you see in the picture. The radiator itself is fine.) $197
A/M R1234yf Freon $177

COOLING
INTERCOOLER $158

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Left front headlamp assembly had a small chip in the glass where it connected with the Fender. The cost of the "LT Headlamp assy w/o adaptive lamps" is $2,312.87:eek: for the OEM Ford part. The bad news is this part is on national back order.:crying: I'm guessing something about this part is whats been holding up delivery for lots of folks. They did find evidence that it had been removed and put back in since the car was built on both the driver and passenger side(look for a little chalk/clay around the bolts that hold it in)
I was incorrect about the headlamp assembly being on back order. It actually a $7.80 bracket that it connects to that is on back order.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy Moly, that is definitely not what I expect it would, ouch ! Insurance is covering it ??
Yeah. I'm pretty happy with how the insurance company is handling it. Because it is so new they are just replacing things and not trying to repair anything. They are also just using Ford OEM parts. The body shop that is doing the work also repaired a friends S6 when he hit a floor mat (this repair is cheap compared to that one...). You can't even tell his car was worked on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I discovered Wile E Coyote (was determined to beat me, didn't) about .1 seconds before it took out my right fog lamp, cracked the bumper cover, cracked the washer hose, buckled the fender, blah blah blah. $3100 later... Wile E was @ full steam, @ 65mph I saw him about 15' before impact. 30 lb Wile E, 60mph Delta V = 63,375 lbs energy. I got lucky, Bambi (assuming white tail 150 lbs) @ 65 = 316875 lbs energy. doesn't look like you were going that fast tho.

Thinking about calling my ENERGI the RoadRunner, except the roadrunner never got dead...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts