Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my car exactly 2 weeks today. I have 910miles in it and today I decided to make a change with the looks

My buddy has a good connection with vinyl, so he ordered me gloss black. This wasn't the easiest wrap job I've done. So issues were not knowing how the antenna was connected to the roof, and how to get the plastics off the inside and lower the headliner to access the bolt holding the antenna.
After searching the Internet we just decided to start pulling the plastics after removing the holy sh*t grips. The headliner has 2 push pins and magnets holding it to the roof by the rear window. Popping those free made enough room to get to the 10mm bolt. Ratchet wrench worked, then pop the plugs for the antenna apart and pull it out. Just watch out there's a metal and plastic cap holding the housing of the antenna, once the bolt is loose they fall off in the liner.
Next issue was that the roof doesn't have rubber edges around it where we could hide the edges, just to make it cleaner looking. So he has special tape the has a fishing line in it the we used it for the edge on the sides. That stuff is awesome, cut through the vinyl like butter.
Took us about 2hrs to wrap it. Trying to get the antenna took 30 mins. I'm happy with the look, next will be tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's more PICs

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Donjohnk that looks awesome, great job on the install! Looks like the entire roof is glass. How much were the materials if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Donjohnk that looks awesome, great job on the install! Looks like the entire roof is glass. How much were the materials if you don't mind me asking?
Cost was $90

·
Registered
41 Posts
That looks really good. I thought about doing that to my old 13 fusion se but I never pulled the trigger. Now I wish I did, it looks clean.

·
Banned
249 Posts
It does look good, gloss black roof always looks good on lighter cars imo Curious on the Brand of Vinyl because, $90. for a roof, isn't exactly a hook up.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does look good, gloss black roof always looks good on lighter cars imo Curious on the Brand of Vinyl because, $90. for a roof, isn't exactly a hook up.
Really, if I were to go to a local shop I'd be paying easily $200-300 installed. So yea ill take it as a hook up.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Really, if I were to go to a local shop I'd be paying easily $200-300 installed. So yea ill take it as a hook up.
that's kinda my point, this was a DIY project. You can get a 5x6 roll of 3M from metrorestyling or fellers cheaper than $90 ($54 to be exact). When you said Hook up on Vinyl, I was expecting around $25-35 for DIY.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well ****, I was totally wrong. I apologize for not choosing the proper words in my so called " hook up"

I appreciate the correct info.

Reactions: Dconlan4

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, bargain or not, it turned out great and just completely made up my mind on doing mine as well in gloss black.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ST wheels, blizzak ws70 snows. I think I'm going to paint them black.

Attachments

Reactions: Wildcat Birdie

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why wouldn't they?

18x8 55et

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got some stuff today

[/URL]

[/URL]

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure I just went to site that I had shopped at before and ordered. They says 2017 on the boxes

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So the wheels are painted. Waiting to cure/dry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 111 Posts