Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is something I immediately noticed when started using the GPS function on the right screen. The little MPH icon that shows the speed of the road you're on, is next to invisible for me, unless I lean over to look around the steering wheel. On the left screen though, I have a clear view of the entire screen. This also applies to the other functions of the right side screen

WTF Ford? How did you miss that? At the very least, you could of put the MPH icon on the left side of the right screen!

Almost as infuriating as the offset backup camera. Get your s*%t together Ford lol

·
Banned
249 Posts
Ford can't predict everyones driving position, we all drive different. I basically drive from the center console (I just dream it's a mclaren f1)

offset camera? is it not centered on the decklid or something?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't see either of those issues...
hmmm really? When you look at the steering wheel from the drivers seat, the cluster is centered perfectly? My seat is offset to the right slightly. :confused:

Ford can't predict everyones driving position, we all drive different. I basically drive from the center console (I just dream it's a mclaren f1)

offset camera? is it not centered on the decklid or something?
lol I realize that, but I'm talking about in a neutral (non gangsta lean lol) driving position, it's not centered on my car.

As for the camera, yep... it's not in the center of the trunklid. Its offset to the left side about 4". It's very apparent when you're backing out of a narrow driveway or similar. It will look like you're closer to the left than you really are. (I don't really use the camera though, so it doesn't bother me too much)

·
Registered
491 Posts
hmmm really? When you look at the steering wheel from the drivers seat, the cluster is centered perfectly? My seat is offset to the right slightly. :confused:

lol I realize that, but I'm talking about in a neutral (non gangsta lean lol) driving position, it's not centered on my car.

As for the camera, yep... it's not in the center of the trunklid. Its offset to the left side about 4". It's very apparent when you're backing out of a narrow driveway or similar. It will look like you're closer to the left than you really are. (I don't really use the camera though, so it doesn't bother me too much)
As far as I can tell, every part of the DIC is visible to me. As far as the backup camera goes, mine is centered perfectly. It is far more accurate than the Lexus we just got rid of, backing into a parking spot is effortless and always centered.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I can tell, every part of the DIC is visible to me. As far as the backup camera goes, mine is centered perfectly. It is far more accurate than the Lexus we just got rid of, backing into a parking spot is effortless and always centered.

look for it next time you're in the car. I'm genuinely curious now if perhaps my car was assembled improperly or something. I'll try and get a picture later showing ya's what I mean.

As for the backup camera... it's offset to the left a few inches (although this is my first car with a camera, so maybe that's why I noticed it?). The trunk button is centered under the Ford emblem and the camera is to the left of that. Was your Lexus camera offset a lot? Since I've noticed that, I've been paying more attention to them other cars on the road and I've seen some REALLY far from the center.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You and this guy should start a club.

http://www.fusionsportforums.com/forum/233-fusion-v6-sport-appearance/7401-front-lower-grill.html

Seriously though, i think the back camera having a left offset is more natural. You sit to the left. If you turn your head around your perspective would be slightly left.

That being said, i see wgat you mean about the camera mounted off set some, but the picture looks centered over plate and sides of car to me. Although I haven't paid that much attention. Maybe there is digital altering of the picture to made it look more centered.

Reactions: qwerty3089

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I am going to have to look at this closer, but I do believe mine is all centered properly. I have my wheel telescoped all the way out though so it gives better vision of the cluster though, and I have not noticed any issue with the back up camera.

·
Registered
443 Posts
So this is something I immediately noticed when started using the GPS function on the right screen. The little MPH icon that shows the speed of the road you're on, is next to invisible for me, unless I lean over to look around the steering wheel. On the left screen though, I have a clear view of the entire screen. This also applies to the other functions of the right side screen

WTF Ford? How did you miss that? At the very least, you could of put the MPH icon on the left side of the right screen!

Almost as infuriating as the offset backup camera. Get your s*%t together Ford lol
I might be offset but the back up camera works perfectly and I believe the physical position of the camera is off center of the car to mitigate light reflection from the license plate. Excellent design and engineering.

I like the instrument cluster but would prefer a bigger tachometer but I would not go as far as to call Ford out on it.
The FORSCAN will allow an even more personalized set up.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I can see both screens completely. Must be something about your driving position. I have to lean pretty far toward the center to block off the road speed limit indicator.

Never noticed any effects from the off center rear view camera - I don’t see how that slight offset would effect anything, and I haven't noticed any issues. Maybe I need to be more picky?

Reactions: qwerty3089 and Flew

·
Registered
402 Posts
The center of my steering wheel is directly under the Neutral and the 80 mph, which are in the center of the screen. I did a rough measurement and the steering wheel is in the center of the screens.

Now if your steering wheel is not in the center of your seat, that's a different story and I didn't measure that, but it looks right in the middle of mine. Maybe you are sitting not in the middle of your seat? or lean to the right just a bit?

I did notice today that I see the edge of my left license plate more than my right in the camera. Once you get past the bumper though, I don't think that difference is much of anything.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I double checked the cluster today on my way home from work, I am 100% centered, and I sit in it very much like as if it were a racing seat. Steering wheel telescoped to be as close to me, pretty straight up seat back, pretty close to the wheel. But if I am looking straight ahead and look down, I see the exact center of the cluster.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I checked mine out. Everything is aligned on center and I can see all of the guage clusters without issue when seated normally. You must use a seat and wheel setup that obstructs your view.

This is nothing like the GMC trucks where the off center steering column is super obvious and quite annoying.

Reactions: qwerty3089 and 1153

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is interesting, because for me, in my preferred position, the left screen is actually the one that is obscured (slightly) by the wheel rather than the right side. Its kind of unfortunate since I find the right side next to useless.

I think its 99% about the driver... The seat, wheel and gauges all appear to be aligned by my eye. The slightest twist, lean or slouch can make it appear as though you're off center, when your spine is whats really out of aliment. lol

My biggest complaint is actually the size and thickness of the steering wheel itself. After having two cars with big, thin steering wheels that you could see all the gauges through no matter the position, this car's small, thick wheel feels foreign. I know its the trend to have smaller, chunkier wheels for "sportiness" or whatever but I really preferred the bigger ones; you could reach them from any position. Now I can barely rest my arms on the armrests or window sill while holding the wheel

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had to pay attention to mine after reading this and there's easily an inch on each side of the cluster before the steering wheel starts to obscure anything. Definitely must vary by driver position.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
My seat is perfectly center with the steering wheel and gauges as well. I lean towards the middle of the car a little, but I still see the full gauge cluster screens while driving.

·
Registered
100 Posts

So.......after a couple days of me staring at the dash to see what you're talking about.....i realized that you must be one of the many people that DO NOT know how to properly set up your steering wheel angle, telescope, mirrors, and seat height and angle..... smh I find it so strange when people drive with their chest against the steering wheel......or their seat set to recline.......
You might not like this post, but hey.......no one like to be told they are wrong
oh well>:)

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Made a road trip this morning and the wife was like what the **** are you doing? Ummm, as I'm wiggling around in my seat, trying to figure out if my wheel is centered with the drivers seat. LOL I'm a pretty big guy and the center console of the car is fairly low so I have a tendency to lean to the right a bit while driving but I can still see the whole right digital cluster.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I can confirm 100% that my seat isn't centered with the wheel. Due to perspective and all that, it's difficult to photograph, but while sitting in the seat and looking at the 6 oclock position on the wheel compared to the leather insert in the middle of the seat, it's clearly not aligned on center. I wonder if it's possible to adjust it? It's not a deal breaker by any means, but it is slightly annoying lol It's only a few inches at most, but it's enough to obscure the top right corner of the right screen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts