Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew this was a sleeper when I bought it, which is fine with me, but I have yet to have a single person make a single remark about my Sport since I got it in mid August. I don't buy cars to get compliments from other people, but this thing seems to have stealth technology. I figured by now at least a few "car guys" would notice and ask about it. Years ago I had a Passat W8, which was a very similar car, i.e., Sport version of a 4 door sedan, with even less visual difference from the normal version than the Fusion Sport. It was fairly routine for VW fans to come up and ask about it, but so far that isn't the case with the Fusion Sport. What has your experience been?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I didn't realize how much of a sleeper it would be, but I'm very happy with how FEW people have a clue about it. I just get lost on the road with the other 300,000 Ford fusions. I debadged mine, too, so unless someone spots the grille or exhaust, they will have no idea either.

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's the best thing about it..

Unoticed, until you punk there rear ends watching them scratching their heads in
your rear view mirror.

The next time they pull up along side of you at the stop light, they will be
asking "what the H*** is that"?

Let it sleep, and when the time comes punk'em up good.

Have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, on the road I prefer to go unnoticed. I just figured by now I would have encountered a Ford guy while I was pumping gas or something. That W8 was even sleepier than the FS, but the VW guys saw it a mile away.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've gotten exactly one comment....from my next door neighbor, as I was bringing it home from the dealership. "I was like...whoa, when did Fusions start coming with quad exhaust?" Other than that, it's just a Fusion to people. I love it.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There isn't many people that know about the sports change. Give it time, those that go out and play with the other imports will make them start to talk about it.

Reactions: RockinZ28 and 1153

·
Registered
156 Posts
After owning several Mustangs it is a relief to be left alone for awhile. Driving the mustang around people constantly rev their engines,try to race,yell "do a burnout" don't get me wrong it's all fun but everyone expects your mustang to be fast and if you do happen to lose a race you never hear the end of it. But in the fusion you are totally under the radar till you mash the pedal. I don't know how many people I've blasted from light to light but they definately notice what it is afterwards. My goal is to make it fast enough to beat a few cars I shouldn't be able to haha It's fun to be the underdog and win...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I made a Dodge Challenger SRT (Hemi not Hellcat) look foolish the other day. Considering he has about 100 more horses than I do, I credit a lot of it to the surprise attack of my sleeper fusion. I'm guessing he had to go home and google WTF just blew past him.

·
Registered
158 Posts
After owning several Mustangs it is a relief to be left alone for awhile. Driving the mustang around people constantly rev their engines,try to race,yell "do a burnout" don't get me wrong it's all fun but everyone expects your mustang to be fast and if you do happen to lose a race you never hear the end of it. But in the fusion you are totally under the radar till you mash the pedal. I don't know how many people I've blasted from light to light but they definately notice what it is afterwards. My goal is to make it fast enough to beat a few cars I shouldn't be able to haha It's fun to be the underdog and win...
I love that the FuSpo can beat 65% of the mustangs on the road today.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just want to blow out some of those crappy sounding (that sound like
someone blowing through an empty can) Honda's. When they come up
to the stop light and try to sound big and rough...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Aside from my family which I talked to about this car for months... I've had ONE (1) single person say something to me...

A kid from a car wash about 3 weeks ago... I pulled it in... he walked around it with the sprayer, heard him say... **** that's the new Fusion Sport... asked me to roll down the window and said "That's a sick car, bet it's fast".

Other than that, people could give 2 craps about it on the road, and to me that is the best part.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Only person I've talked to that had any knowledge of the Sport, besides the dealer I bought it from, was a tech at another dealer when I brought it in for the first oil change.

Heck I'd have never known about the Sport if not looking for a new car. Thought my only real option was the STI until stumbling across this in August.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Not saying it isn't true but I don't think car mags are a thing these days. I'd like to say internet had replaced them.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I used to stop at the magazine rack at the grocery store all the time and see what was happening. Now, as I cruise by I see by the covers, I already know what's happening. LOL
thats why i cancelled my subscription to car and driver... they don't really give any news anymore

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I read it all before it's usually published in the mags. I've stopped all my mags for the last 5-6 years. Ill get better info on the internet, and if I am curious about a topic Google works

·
Banned
249 Posts
have this issue with my edge sport. Ford just doesn't market the edge/fusion sport well. Which I think kills our aftermarket support cause even car people don't know about these vehicles!

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I had roof rack pads installed, the installer asked me if I had the 2.7 twin turbo, so he knew and noticed.

Ken

1 - 20 of 100 Posts