Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off one of my wheels and took these pics. Tire rack sent me these lugs with the 18in Rial wheels which are built for the european Mondeo. My question is, with our 150 ft lbs of torque on these studs, and a harder lug nut steel against the softer aluminum wheels, do these look right? Ive only been torquing to 140 ft lbs, just to be slightly under spec in case my torque wrench isn't perfect. 2nd and 4th images are without and with flash.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
can you get a pic of the lug nuts ?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Took off one of my wheels and took these pics. Tire rack sent me these lugs with the 18in Rial wheels which are built for the european Mondeo. My question is, with our 150 ft lbs of torque on these studs, and a harder lug nut steel against the softer aluminum wheels, do these look right? Ive only been torquing to 140 ft lbs, just to be slightly under spec in case my torque wrench isn't perfect. 2nd and 4th images are without and with flash.
Hi violingineer. Although photos can sometimes be difficult to use for an accurate diagnosis...I would say no, those photos seem to show gouging in the lugnut seat areas of the wheel/wheels that does not look right/normal.

So I would first recommend calling The Tire Rack, since that is where you purchased them from. Inform them of the problem. They should ask you for photos, then proceed from there.

Perhaps also post photos here, of an old lugnut and new lugnut together, as MY27FUSION advised (with the seats clearly visible).

When you compare the new lugnuts to the factory ones, are the seats the same? If I recall correctly, our lugnuts are 60° acorn bulge seats. What lugnuts does the "Mondeo" wheel use and what were you given? Those gouges in the wheel definitely do not look right.

But first, call The Tire Rack. All we can do here is give you a poll of "Does this look right", which won't help a lot.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you only using a manual torque wrench? Or are you using an electric impact wrench and / or torque sticks?

I checked my stock wheels recently and they have some scratches from using Mcgard steel lugs. I agree with bbf2530 - looks like you have some deeper gouges but I'm honestly not sure if it's a serious safety issue. Maybe something worth checking every rotation and such to see if it gets worse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill try to take the wheel off again to show a pic of the lugs nuts. They are a bit roughed up but they are really no more roughed than the gorilla acorns I bought for the oem wheels. I am using a torque wrench by hand, tightening star pattern, starting with 50 ft lbs and working my way up slowly in increments til I get to 140 ft lbs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ill try to take the wheel off again to show a pic of the lugs nuts. They are a bit roughed up but they are really no more roughed than the gorilla acorns I bought for the oem wheels. I am using a torque wrench by hand, tightening star pattern, starting with 50 ft lbs and working my way up slowly in increments til I get to 140 ft lbs.
Just check the wheel specs and make sure they have 60 degree lug seats

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts