Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I do not have the upgraded Sony stereo but wouldn't mind having a little higher quality sound. If another Sport owner has upgraded their speakers and is tired of the Sonys taking up space, PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.
Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking so. It appears that my trunk is not pre- wired from the factory for the behind the passenger seat speakers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll be transplanting my Polk MM6501's here in the near future, assuming I can get the amp and resistor shenanigans figured out. You're welcome to mine, if we can work something out. Do you have wiring for the tweeters?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I thought the Sony system was standard on the Sport?

·
Registered
331 Posts
It is in Canada IIRC, they only get the fully-loaded model. In the US you have to get the 401A package to get the Sony sound system.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be transplanting my Polk MM6501's here in the near future, assuming I can get the amp and resistor shenanigans figured out. You're welcome to mine, if we can work something out. Do you have wiring for the tweeters?
Honestly, I'm not entirely certain what all my stereo includes. It for sure has front tweeters and front/rear door speakers, maybe more. I'm not sure if there is a speaker in the top center of the dash and I'm not sure what size the door speakers are.

Those Polks are nice speakers, I had some in my Vette a few years ago. Once you have the Sonys out and decide on a price, lemme know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone replaced the stock Sony speakers yet? IMO, the head unit is the weak spot. I'm sure the speakers could use an upgrade, but if the output of the HU isn't balanced or doesn't have a wide enough dynamic range, the speakers are still going to sound like garbage.

It's like buying a 4k tv to watch a vhs tape.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm going to leave myself open for a different DSP... Apparently Rockford Fosgate is doing something in conjunction with iDatalink, (HERE) to completely replace the factory DSP, so I may look at that option when it comes out. In the mean time, I'll be hooking up my amp and speakers to the factory setup and checking it out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hopefully Alpine will have a direct replacemnnt somehow if RF can make that.

I looked into aftermarket stuff as my Cobras both have after market systems.

The Sony system isn't bad, except i hate Sony. =P

$1500 = new speakers, processor, sub, amp that is connected to the current system. I looked into it a few months ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts