Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Engineer

I have a 2016 Edge Sport, close enough to the Fusion Sport I guess. I had enabled the distance indicator a long while ago, but I have never faced what you have experienced. Adaptive cruise cancels normally with no chime or warning regardless of how it was cancelled (cancel/off buttons or by braking, when following a car ahead or not). There was an extra ForScan ABD change required in CCM though. Maybe you should also make that change? This is the post where I had done it to my Edge.

On the other hand, I recently got a 2015 Lincoln MKS, it doesn't have the distance indicator, but sometimes I get a chime when pressing the cancel button (when using Adaptive cruise), just like your experience, there is no logic behind when it comes. The chime feels the same as when the adaptive cruise self cancels when the speed go below minimum due to the front vehicle slowing down as I don't have the Stop & Go function. No DTCs. Just an observation.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi @omar302 You're talking about this piece right?

CCM:
764-01-01 xxxx x2xx (some newer CCM modules may have an extra byte, just ignore it... ex: 764-01-01 xxxx x2xx xx) - existing value should be a 1. We are changing it to a 2.

I had forgotten about that. Now that you mention it though, I do remember that. But the binary math looked wrong to me, so I think I didn't do that piece. I bet that's part of the problem. Specifically, I had not done it though, because the impact would be that whatever function was controlled by the low (0) bit on that group would be disabled, and of course you're setting the 1-bit to 1 at that point, which makes sense. I might try a 3 if I continue to have that concern. 2 just doesn't feel correct because of it's impact on the 0-bit, but I might try the 2 just to debug this. I'd feel better though, if I could isolate what that 0-bit controls in that group. @DaMiFo what do you think? I know you did a lot of Forscan stuff.

In any event, I do think you're right, this is likely part of what's causing my problem. Thanks for mentioning that!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts