Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know or can point me in the direction of how to disable the "Auto Engine Off" in FORScan (for longer idling)…. I would like to disable the feature completely if possible. gets annoying having to always go though and truning if off every key stroke.... any help would be awesome thanks....

NOT auto start/stop, when the engine starts and stops at stop lights.

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
Your sport has the Auto-off feature?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes for idling. I'm looking for a longer idling run time.if I take the dog for a ride and need to run into the store I don't need/ want to forget to shut "auto engine off". Was just seeing if its possible to disable that feature completely.

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
Oh I was thinking you were talking about Start/Stop. You can browse this file and see if you can find possible settings... FORScan 2015-2020 F150s

·
Registered
405 Posts
Will do thank you
Hi Klewjo. Check through the FORScan link which Oreo provided.

However, I do not believe it can be permanently disabled through FORScan. It is a safety feature, so you will need to use the manual override each time. However, I could be mistaken, so definitely pore over the FORScan link.

EDIT - You can also try this link to FORScan modifications. I am not sure it is any different, but perhaps there are additions: 2GFusions - Ford As-Built Data Mods (DanMc85) - Google Drive

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
For the idle timer auto-shutoff, you can just disable it on the instrument cluster. Is there no option for it on yours? What year & trim level (or what IPC style) do you have? On my '17 that option stays however I set it.

EDIT: The timeout is also a fairly long 30 minutes (again, may have changed on very recent Fords).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the option through my cluster to shut it off, but every key stroke it automatically enables. I was looking for a more permanent solution instead of always have to go in and do it manually. Not a big deal.

I also have a '17

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When enabled it will automatically shut your car off after a certain amount of time of idleing

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think 30 minutes is the max idle time using the remote start.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts