Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, did anyone buy the Ford ESP either during the car purchase or after.
I'm looking at this place Save $$ on Genuine Ford Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP)
Their price is 1250 for a 5-year 100,000 mile PremiumCARE plan with 100 dollar deductible.
I don't think that's too bad with all the systems on this car that can go bad.
Especially with the dead battery issue.

What do you think?
What did you pay?

Shawn S

·
Registered
120 Posts
i paid 1900? 2250?

for a 6 year 120k

$100 deductible /loaner car...etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
6yr 100k premium esp on the fusion.
Did the same on the edge.

Worth it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't drive much but am still regretting my decision to purchase to extended coverage (especially since I want to install a tune soon.) I hate how the brochure that they show you shows the "typical maintenance costs" then when I checked my manual, it's hardly any more than oil changes up to 60k!
The plan I got is the 5 year 48,000 mile bumper to bumper with all included maintenance and the zero deductible "tripleCare" (tire, dent, and windshield) protection. If I could go back and take it off of my loan ($2100) I would in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't drive much but am still regretting my decision to purchase to extended coverage (especially since I want to install a tune soon.) I hate how the brochure that they show you shows the "typical maintenance costs" then when I checked my manual, it's hardly any more than oil changes up to 60k!
The plan I got is the 5 year 48,000 mile bumper to bumper with all included maintenance and the zero deductible "tripleCare" (tire, dent, and windshield) protection. If I could go back and take it off of my loan ($2100) I would in a heartbeat.
If you're within 30 days you still can!

I did when I found out I could purchase the ESP and maintenance plans from any ford dealer even after owning the vehicle for some time.

Found a much more competitive deal at flood ford online (I'd post the link but I'm not sure what the rules are??)

Cancelled ESP and maintenance package and am going to re-purchase the ESP once I see the total actually come off my loan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That sounds more like a "maintenance plan".
The ESP plans I'm looking at are just for extending the warranty.

Yea, I would try and cancel that one if you can.

Shawn S

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I wish I was still within 30 days, but I'm not. I was hoping since I haven't used any of the services yet, that I could still return it, even if it was for a percentage. (Like lets say 95% of it back.)
I have a quick question, I know these plans are transferable if I private party sell the vehicle, but if I trade it in before I hit the year/mileage threshold does a dealer pay the prorated amount that remains?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My local dealership includes a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty with all new Ford/Lincoln purchases. $300 deductible and the vehicles can be repaired at any ASE Certified Mechanic. Of course, they tried to sell me all the fancy shmancy outrageously priced extended warranties but I only purchased GAP for $495 when they tried to sell it for $795. I had $3202 negative equity due to blowing a lease out of the water but will cancel GAP when it makes sense (1-2 years) down the road.

You can cancel your extended warranty plans at any time and will be refunded the remaining balance. The dealerships obviously won't tell you that but we've done it with previous vehicles!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Jesus, you paid $2100 dollars to have a warranty extended for 12,000 miles?! The factory power train warranty is 60K, the rest of the car is 36K. You literally made a $2100 dollar bet that you would experience more than $2100 worth of non engine warranty work between 36,000 and 48,000 miles.

I would call the dealership and find out, I am pretty sure you can cancel the extended warranty at any time, they wont refund what you have already paid towards it, but in the past I know for a fact that i cancelled an extended warranty over a year into it on a chevy i bought.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jesus, you paid $2100 dollars to have a warranty extended for 12,000 miles?! The factory power train warranty is 60K, the rest of the car is 36K. You literally made a $2100 dollar bet that you would experience more than $2100 worth of non engine warranty work between 36,000 and 48,000 miles.

I would call the dealership and find out, I am pretty sure you can cancel the extended warranty at any time, they wont refund what you have already paid towards it, but in the past I know for a fact that i cancelled an extended warranty over a year into it on a chevy i bought.

Yeah, the power train is still 5/60 but it's more about time for me. I got another 2 years of bumper to bumper, (since I don't drive much) 5 years rather than 3.
The maintenance for 48k is maybe worth $1000, so I have to get a rim or two and some tires replaced to get close to the $2,100 mark. I'm sure a door ding or two will happen in 5 years so that will help get me close to $2,100 as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I skipped it all except the tire and wheel 5 year, no deductible, unlimited milage thingy.

The dealer started at $899 and we ended on $399. I really can't stand the second round of sales that happen when the sales person hands you off to the F&I person. I make it clear to the car sales person that I won't entertain much, if anything from the F&I person. The person I dealt with this time did a nice job clearing the path for me. The wheel/tire thing was negotiated as part of the sales price of the car before we wrote the sales order and sat with the F&I person.

I figured with Michigan roads, 19 inch wheels and low profile tires it was a rare dealer offered insurance plan that was worth it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I skipped it all except the tire and wheel 5 year, no deductible, unlimited milage thingy.

The dealer started at $899 and we ended on $399. I really can't stand the second round of sales that happen when the sales person hands you off to the F&I person. I make it clear to the car sales person that I won't entertain much, if anything from the F&I person. The person I dealt with this time did a nice job clearing the path for me. The wheel/tire thing was negotiated as part of the sales price of the car before we wrote the sales order and sat with the F&I person.

I figured with Michigan roads, 19 inch wheels and low profile tires it was a rare dealer offered insurance plan that was worth it.

EDIT: SO I just read my own post and what a douche I sound like. Everybody's circumstances and needs are different. I just meant to say I think the tire/wheel plan can seemingly be one of the good choices for Michigan drivers.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I bought the wheel and tire package too, i think I paid 400 bucks to have that for 75K miles. The rims for this car are 800 dollars a piece.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought the Extended Service Platinum plan primarily because of all the electronics in the car! I work in IT for a small company and when I was shopping for and ultimately fell in love with the 2017 Fusion Sport, I noted that EVERYTHING is controlled by computer. The "radio" isn't simply a radio anymore. So, with all that complexity, I wanted peace of mind until 100,000 miles. Then you have the LED lighting in the front lenses and rear, and all that "accent lighting" inside. Just too much complexity for me. If my Fusion Sport has a problem , I just want to bring it in and say "fix it". A friend of mine has a 2016 F-150 and he accidentally backed into something and ruined his driver side rear tail light assembly. It cost $2500 just for the part!!! So, with that craziness, the ESP was the way to go for me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shawn S - did you end up buying ESP from there?
Yes I did. I went with the 100K 5-year plan.
They offered 0% interest too.
It was like one payment of 150 and then they charge your card 92 a month fo 12-months.
I got all the paperwork in the mail a few days later and it's a certified Ford ESP plan.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i was considering it but every single one of my new cars ive bought i have traded in before the warranty has expired lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts