Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very big difference. The fluid was darker but after watching a series from a Ford tech he said the mercon fluid goes dark very quickly and doesn't indicate health of the fluid. The problem was I drained out about 4.8 qts, but it took 5.6 to get it in the middle of the min/max mark after getting it warm. Before the drain I checked it hot and it was about like this
MIN!!$!!!!!!!!!!!MAX
The $ being where the line was. So it seemed about half a qt low from the factory.
The shifts immediately felt way more firm with the little hesitation/slow/dragged out shift being gone. It wasn't bad before but I noticed the time it took to shift (almost felt like a clutch slip a little bit) but now WOT the 1-2 shift is just redline then shifts right away. I wish I would of checked this way sooner but obviously nothing was damaged or it wouldn't of improved so much but I was thinking it was just either built-in slop or in the tune.
Props to @La Flama Blanca bc I read a thread of his mentioning he checked his I think at like 20k and it was low from factory so I had it in the back of my head and sure enough...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I usually do a transmission fluid change at 30k. Really gonna miss the converter and pan on my built 4r70w that had drain plugs so you could get all the fluid

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha its like in hammer fist lead foot Colletti says they would change the company they got screws from for half a cent savings when he was talking about putting Manley rods into the cobra. I know there's a chunk of terminator owners on here, if you haven't read it yet... its 100% worth picking up. I found out all kinds of neat stuff in it. Like how they used terminator for everything to where it was almost delayed because they called company's to collect their orders for parts and the company's said they didn't have parts for a mustang cobra. And the side scoops say terminator on the rear... and on the back of the front bumper mine says 03-Term

I didn't remember if you noticed a difference Flama or if you just had said it was low. Interested to see because it actually feels like a different trans

Oh and how the engines were built ground up by 2 man teams who signed the engine afterwards. Gives ya a sense of pride to see that nameplate on the engine!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Mine was low from the factory as well, about 1 qt and change. I checked at a much lower mileage, like 5k or something. There was a thread talking about this awhile ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,181 Posts
Ford says 150k which is a joke. I didn't get to it until 66k. It was pretty nasty looking.

FordTechMakuloco posted a video showing he recommendation for simple maintenance for 6F50/55 Transmissions.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Girlfriend has yet to change the fluid in her 6T70 (GM's 6F50/6F55) at 101k miles in the 2015 Malibu. Fluid looks clear and clean from the dipstick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts