Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume there has to be an ODBII reader to log data on these fusions, right?

What are our options?
Windows based?
iOS based?
Other?

What are their capabilities?
Pulling fault codes?
Reading and logging live sensor data?
Re-coding control modules?

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
I assume there has to be an ODBII reader to log data on these fusions, right?

What are our options?
Windows based?
iOS based?
Other?

What are their capabilities?
Pulling fault codes?
Reading and logging live sensor data?
Re-coding control modules?
I have the VeePeak OBD2 bluetooth adapter. Torque is a pretty good app for live sensor readings, but (at least the free version) doesn't log for longer than a few seconds other than track gps trip logs. The paid version might have better logging ability, but I'm getting a tuner, so I don't need the Torque app anymore. There are also a lot of other apps that can do code stuff, but I haven't looked into them. Re-coding (I assume you mean tuning?) can only be done with a tuner like the SCT and LMS tuners. They aren't available yet, but several of us are talking with tuners to get the ball rolling. Feel free to email the big tuners to light a fire under their chairs.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re-coding (I assume you mean tuning?) can only be done with a tuner like the SCT and LMS tuners.
For the re-coding portion, I actually was referring to re-coding certain control modules. Like with my Audi there's a program called VAG-COM where you can log into the central convenience module and code the windows so they open/close with holding down the lock/unlock on the remote. Turning off the seat belt chime (I do wear mine). Keeping the ugly yellow sidemarker lights off when you have your headlights on. Etc. That program was great.

So we basically have generic options I take it? Nothing Ford specific?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
As far as i know. I'd love the ability to customize all these screens though.
When I did the test drive I hated how it touts having the two 4.2 inch screens but you basically have one or two lines of text and the rest is wasted. I would like to have multiple options on one screen, and be able to have all options on both screens if you want. It would be cool to see someone fix that.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
For the re-coding portion, I actually was referring to re-coding certain control modules. Like with my Audi there's a program called VAG-COM where you can log into the central convenience module and code the windows so they open/close with holding down the lock/unlock on the remote. Turning off the seat belt chime (I do wear mine). Keeping the ugly yellow sidemarker lights off when you have your headlights on. Etc. That program was great.

I don't think there is a way to do all that you are talking about, but the seat belt chime is usually able to be disabled by following a specific process.

·
Banned
249 Posts

Forscan is what your looking for. I play with it too. I turned off the dreaded double honk when car is running and key is in the car. Deleted Sirius button from radio (not avail in hawaiil) waiting on my adapter so I can put the temp controls in the sterribg cluster.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Forscan is what your looking for. I play with it too. I turned off the dreaded double honk when car is running and key is in the car. Deleted Sirius button from radio (not avail in hawaiil) waiting on my adapter so I can put the temp controls in the sterribg cluster.
HMMM....So, I'm probably asking for rainbows and unicorns here but wondering if the HUD display for the collision avoidance system could have speed and tach added....thoughts?

·
Banned
249 Posts
HMMM....So, I'm probably asking for rainbows and unicorns here but wondering if the HUD display for the collision avoidance system could have speed and tach added....thoughts?
If another model offers it, you may be able to activate it comparing as built data of other vins. I used a ton of f150 codes to allow the ability to view text while in motion, input text in nav. Deleted Sirius from menu. Disabled the double honk. Waiting on my obdlink mx bluetooth adapter to put climate controls in steering cluster anf various other things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts