Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Payne review: Ford Fusion bulks up

Performance data lists 0-60 as 5.3.

"Whip the Sport out of a Woodward stoplight and it will hit 60 mph in just 5.3 seconds — two seconds quicker than Fusion’s peppy, turbocharged 2.0-liter and just a half-second off Aston’s Rapide sedan. Now we’re talkin’."

I'm not sure where he got this number.
-Lee

·
Registered
186 Posts
I brought this into a video editing app, and based on the readout of the digital speedometer, I'm getting 5.43.
A casual look at this video says the speedo updates about every half second. Who knows what the actual delay is? It probably counts pulses from a wheel sensor over the previous half second and computes an average speed and then updates the display. I'd call this worthless for this purpose, and certainly pessimistic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
A casual look at this video says the speedo updates about every half second. Who knows what the actual delay is? It probably counts pulses from a wheel sensor over the previous half second and computes an average speed and then updates the display. I'd call this worthless for this purpose, and certainly pessimistic.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, it could be off by as much as a second if it indeed updates every half second. I took at still, cant tell for sure, but it doesnt look accurate. Compare the mechanical gauge to the digital one.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just looked at this again using the analog speedometer as well as the engine noise and initial shake of the camera to judge the starting point, and came out with the exact same number (5.43).

This obviously isn't 100% accurate as we're at the mercy of the gauge accuracy, as well as the camera angle that is not squared up to the analogue speedometer so it's hard to tell when it actually hits 60, but I highly doubt it's a full second off.

Of course this represents about 500% too much time spent on this, but I was curious. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
5.2, 4.8, 6.2, does it really matter? So many things go into this why don't we wait until the big guns get it out on the track on a nice cool night? Having watched the dyno runs on my evo8 go up and up as I spent $$$ the initial dyno numbers posted were really exciting! When it is all said and done its all about how much WHP and Torque you can bring, and I think this little puppy is going to have some things to say in a year or so!

·
Registered
868 Posts
5.2, 4.8, 6.2, does it really matter? So many things go into this why don't we wait until the big guns get it out on the track on a nice cool night? Having watched the dyno runs on my evo8 go up and up as I spent $$$ the initial dyno numbers posted were really exciting! When it is all said and done its all about how much WHP and Torque you can bring, and I think this little puppy is going to have some things to say in a year or so!
I'd actually have to say, yes it does matter! I don't get ear to ear smiles from doing a dyno run. I get ear to ear smiles from seeing everything else in my rear view mirror! I do agree that all the speculation is worthless though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts