Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If these Aftermarket companies ask for demand to develop parts for out Fusion Sport, why don't we show them demand! 0:)0:) Let's gather about 15-20 people from this forum and email these companies in the same week. That's the only way to grab peoples attention. By the way guys our Fusion Sports for the dig are really fast. My current mods are lowering springs, rear swaybar, K&N Drop in filter, unleashed tune 91/100 octane, meth injection kit, tower strut brace. I raced a stock 5.0 from the dig and beat it about 2 cars. Also raced my buddies 135i with the dual-clutch transmission with downpipe, chargepipe, intercooler, jb4, M performance exhaust, and I took him about a bus length. I roll raced him also and he only took me by half a car. So with a intercooler upgrade, CAI, Cat-back exhaust, and downpipe. I'll probably beat him. He takes 5.0s btw.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the H&R Lowering Springs sitting on 20inch wheels. I do not recommend the H&R Springs. The Springs definitely improve the cars ride as it feels super glued to the ground when I take it up to the Canyons however it does make weird noises such as cracking and squeaky noises. I am going to swap them out when Steeda releases their own springs in the next month.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow, This car looks good lowered.

Have you had any issues with the electronic suspension? That's my one concern before lowering the car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will be taking my car into a local aftermarket part manufacturer's shop (name omitted until I get confirmation that they let me post more info) in march. They make parts for the 2.0T fusion currently and will be using my car as a test mule for some parts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not had any issues with the electronic suspension besides the cracking noises. Steeda is actually making their own brand springs. My wheels size is 20's with 245 tire size in the front and 275 in the rear. Vert I'm not sure if you were referring to my hood but mine is the stock hood.

·
Banned
249 Posts
it does make weird noises such as cracking and squeaky noises. I am going to swap them out when Steeda releases their own springs in the next month.
think about that for a moment. a spring does not make noise, components around a spring do. take a pen apart and squeeze the spring, no noise. now set the spring on the table and slam a book on it. what made noise? The spring or the book on the spring?

more than likely you should uninstall and reinstall

Steeda has not impressed me at all with parts so far. a half assed overpriced intake and a joke of a catch can

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Why such a wide rear tire? I like your wheel also

Reactions: MattQ

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
think about that for a moment. a spring does not make noise, components around a spring do. take a pen apart and squeeze the spring, no noise. now set the spring on the table and slam a book on it. what made noise? The spring or the book on the spring?

more than likely you should uninstall and reinstall

Steeda has not impressed me at all with parts so far. a half assed overpriced intake and a joke of a catch can
Strut mount or bushing with that sound.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah haha but it's actually stock. And it is the Springs making the noises, the H&R Springs are Progressive Springs so the top of the springs are basically touching each other. So when I steer the steering wheel left or right the spring coils are grinding which makes the cracking noise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you and originally I'm trying to reach the 400whp mark to achieve the most powerful Ford Fusion yet, I work at Galpin Auto Sports where they originally filmed "Pimp my Ride" so I can definitely develop parts here of course with the help of demand. The H&R Springs gave a drop of about 1.5in front and about 1.3in the rear. However, only reason I am getting rid of them is because the springs are grinding together so over years it will cause failure. Plus of course over time the electric dampers will eventually give up. The Steeda Springs are not going to be progressive Springs so key sign there is it will not being grinding or cause potential failure for years to come. They will give a drop of estimated amount of 1in all around. I also know that with MagnaRide Dampers there is a way to manually drop the car with stock suspension but not by much. maybe .6in or so but I yet have to mess with the car and see. I will might be making a custom downpipe this weekend. I'm probably the only or maybe few people who are putting their money and time on this car. I haven't been posting any of my build steps or plans but I mean feel free to ask me to through some advice or photos out there. This weekend I'm going to take my bumper off and do some home-made adjusting to how much air flow we get. I will be making like a vent which will be sitting right behind the bumper and I tube connecting right into the air vent where it opens up to suck in air to the intake. Plus a lot more stuff that I can definitely post out here. This car will be a monster.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Awesome Artman! It's great to have someone with such initiative here. I'm sure a lot of us will be eagerly waiting to see your ideas and results!
Many will be living vicariously through you Artman!

One thing nice(or expensive) about having such a great forum with great people, is the fact that we motivate each other to "enjoy" or cars. It is amazing the comradery that can come between complete strangers that haven't even met.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
It's good to see that you are actually putting your parts on your car. I don't have a garage (at least not one with room for a car :p) and it's been too cold for me to work on it, so I have a bunch of parts piling up on my coffee table. I like the wheels, but 275s? Good lord!

Also, I'd like to touch on this comment about lowering the car with the stock suspension. I wouldn't mind a half inch or so, and if I could do that for free, I would be ecstatic. What are that chances that our continuously controlled damper system has a similar manual adjustment to the MagneRide dampers you mentioned?

Car looks great! I think your goal of 400 wheel ponies is pretty feasible. I think the MKZ would be there with a hop alone, so our cars should be a mere skip and a jump from there. Of course, at the rate our cars are dropping, I'm not sure how long you'll last at that power level....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Please can someone tell me how wide the back seats are just from edge of cushion to other edge of cushion full bench rear measurement... and truck height from floor of trunk to base of large rear speakers... thank you

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here it is
Oh man, I miss my Mopar's had a 68 should have never sold it, also had the 70 Road Runner , Nice Charger btw , what were we talking about lol , oh yea the FS for sure get's the hole shot, but on a roll it just needs better reaction time, not really sure why? I am guessing spool the way they have the throttle plate set up

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have not had any issues with the electronic suspension besides the cracking noises. Steeda is actually making their own brand springs. My wheels size is 20's with 245 tire size in the front and 275 in the rear. Vert I'm not sure if you were referring to my hood but mine is the stock hood.
Couple of things. First your car looks great. Think the driveway photo is perfect height. Really like the rims too. Also let us know how the steeds springs workout for u and if you ever mess with lowering the car like u said by adjusting it. And anything else you or anyone else try's I'm sure I'm not the only one to want to know about it.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 20 of 24 Posts