Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm sooooo upset right now. After dealing with a battery that dies every other day in my brand new 2017, nearly $40k car, I finally took it in for service. I pick up my car from service department yesterday to find this damage done to my wheel while @ the dealership. What's most upsetting is they hid it from me and did not disclose it happened. Waiting to see what they will do to fix it now...

Dealerships are such a pain in the BUTTOCKS. I can't believe the lack of service and hospitality received on such a large purchase. It's absolutely mind blowing. Ford dealerships in particular just really blow. For my Lexus, the dealership bends over backwards ("Can I get you a latte while you wait?") The Ford dealership on the other hand acts like THEY are inconvenienced because YOU'RE there bothering them. It's so disappointing. With the prices of new Fords (my Lexus is only about $10k more than my Fusion) it's not acceptable.

Any advice from anyone that has been through this type of situation before?

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ouch! That's nasty. Why do I have a feeling they'll say it was already like that?

I guess I'm fortunate to have a decent dealership just down the road from me. While they don't offer to make a latte for me, they do have a comfortable lounge, free wifi and assorted coffee & tea.

·
Registered
165 Posts
SHO - I hope you brought it to their attention immediately. Be persistent, and make them investigate to find out who handled your car. Either way, tell them there's nothing less than a brand new wheel that will satisfy you.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wow :( I hope they help you out

·
Registered
320 Posts
Terrible, and here I though dealer installed paint scratches were bad enough.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I picked up my car 2weeks ago and the dealership emailed me with an appointment for service in July.
I abruptly cancelled it.
I'll change my own oil and save the receipts thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick update .. This story has a (mostly) happy ending thankfully. Dealership took ownership of the issue and ordered me a new wheel. They put me in a rental. Took a little over a week and a half get it back but now good as new thankfully. Story gets weirder as when I picked up the car, it was brought up freshly detailed by the porter - but with my entire overhead console/sunroof controls disconnected and in the passenger seat. No one seemed to know why (?!). I honestly just wanted to get the he l l out of there after all this drama ... dead batteries, weeks in a rental, damaged wheel, weird sunroof control situation. Happy the Sport is back on the road and safe at home!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Or left the roof open. Had to dry everything and clean it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts