Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Ford. Previously used Evanston Subaru for service, and had good relationships there. They were a bit expensive, but I trusted their work and recommendations.

Looking at google, there are several Ford dealers nearby. Bredemann in Glenview, Highland Park, Arlington Heights, Fox in the city, and Golf Mill Ford.

Is anyone willing to provide a review or, alternatively, a caution about using any of these service departments?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have bought 2 cars from Golf Mill and have had my vehicles serviced there. For the most part, I have had good experiences with them. I did have one bad experience due to a recall repair that went south and a service manager that was their was being difficult. It eventually got fixed and things were ok.

They are a high volume dealer and actually just expanded their service department for more vehicles. They actually run pretty good deals for maintenance (for dealer prices). One thing I noted is that you when you do have an issue, you really aren't guaranteed a loaner. They say they try but sometimes will push you to the enterprise rental place inside their service area (convenient). Their waiting area is pretty nice for a Ford dealer too. They have an small business area for folks that want to work while they wait too. Overall, I would give them a 4 out 5 for service for a Ford dealer. I haven't been to any of the others you mentioned.

·
Registered
150 Posts
New to Ford. Previously used Evanston Subaru for service, and had good relationships there. They were a bit expensive, but I trusted their work and recommendations.

Looking at google, there are several Ford dealers nearby. Bredemann in Glenview, Highland Park, Arlington Heights, Fox in the city, and Golf Mill Ford.

Is anyone willing to provide a review or, alternatively, a caution about using any of these service departments?
Great question.

First off, don't even bother going to Bredemann for service. It is quite possibly the worst dealership on the entire North Shore for getting your vehicle serviced. Their writers often tell you to take your car to another dealership, and scheduling an oil change can take upwards of an entire week.

I bought my car from Golf Mill Ford, and I have taken it to the dealership twice. Both times were for the dead battery issue that has plagued many Sport owners. The first time they reset my SYNC system, and had my car back in my hands the same day (I dropped it off there and didn't wait onsite.) The second time the dead battery issue surfaced I was armed with so much information from this forum (kudos to everyone btw) that I jumped the car, drove it over there, and asked them to reflash my ACM per SSM 46433. They did it while I waited, and I was out of there in under half and hour. No complaints yet for Golf Mill Ford.

I have never gone to Fox Motors (which is RIGHT off the expressway), but my buddy with a 2013 Fusion Titanium has now switched from Bredemann to Fox Motors and he said his experience there was amazing. Brand new facility with state of the art technology like the laser alignment system that checks your car as you drive in. Also a great oil change policy - 30 minutes or it is free - which is painted on the wall.

I have never been to the dealerships in Highland Park or Arlington Heights, but I have heard good things about the one in Highland Park.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. Appreciate the advice. Bredemann is closest, but I'll avoid them. I'll give Golf Mill a shot, as they're not too far either. If that doesn't work out, I'll try Fox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts