Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my sport on June 22nd. My Car built on Aug 8th. The dealer can't seem to figure out where it is now. The salesman sent me a screen cap of their tracking screen and it has a rail car number on it. When I trace it, it hasn't been located in the system since May.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I ordered my sport on June 22nd. My Car built on Aug 8th. The dealer can't seem to figure out where it is now. The salesman sent me a screen cap of their tracking screen and it has a rail car number on it. When I trace it, it hasn't been located in the system since May.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm assuming you have an order confirmation sheet and VIN? The dealer should be able to help you out, or at a minimum call Ford directly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming you have an order confirmation sheet and VIN? The dealer should be able to help you out, or at a minimum call Ford directly.
Yep.. I have all that.. they said they have no further info besides the rail car # which was last located in the system on May 6th..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I did, the trace has its last known location in California in May...
That was actually talking to them? I figured that was just an online tracking thing or something. If even the rail company doesn't know, then I am not sure what to tell you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was actually talking to them? I figured that was just an online tracking thing or something. If even the rail company doesn't know, then I am not sure what to tell you.
It was online tracking.. You can't talk to a person unless you do business with the rail company.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
It was online tracking.. You can't talk to a person unless you do business with the rail company.
Well obviously Ford does businiess with them, I would be pushing this hard. Its like the guy that had his Focus RS order disappear on him.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I called corporate.. The last update they have is from Aug 23rd "Waiting for update"...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Best thing is to talk to Ford since it's up to them to keep track of things and follow up, you can do that follow up yourself but it may not be easy. Just be patient for now, give things some time to work out. If it goes on for too long then maybe escalate it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the same boat, called Ford and apparently the car is in my city but hasn't been released to dealership, it's been over 3 months geez....now I do think there is possibility that the car had some situation during transit and they need to fix it before delivery.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well here's an update.. My order is still lost.. So after multiple escalations with no results, I gave up and bought a 2017 A4..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts