Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

How long has your dead battery Sport been in with the dealer?

• Total voters
1481 - 1500 of 1500 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Had my ACM updated today. Said they tested the battery and alternator which passed so they weren't replaced. I'd asked to have the battery replaced. I swear the car sounds differently now. Anyone else experience engine/exhaust sound change after their ACM was updated as per SSM-46433 ?
They accidentally lifted car on the cat, just enough to make exhaust sound "nice"............:)

·
Registered
988 Posts
The ACM controls the fake engine noise when you go WOT. So maybe they updated it and its working now. None of our Fusion Sports had the CD ejection noise, and I could always hear the fake sound under throttle.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The Active Noise Control (ANC) is indeed controlled by the DACMC (a part of the ACM in cars with the ANC) that feeds the engine noise to the amp. It's firmware gets updated along with the ACM's firmware. They very well could have just changed the engine sound or just the way it responds in newer firmware.

How is it different? Louder, different tone?

·
Registered
246 Posts
The ACM controls the fake engine noise when you go WOT. So maybe they updated it and its working now. None of our Fusion Sports had the CD ejection noise, and I could always hear the fake sound under throttle.
Pretty sure I had the "fake" engine noise prior to the update and I think I still do just sounds a bit different. I can't be 100% sure so I'm not going to worry about it. I know reading through this crazy long thread that before the firmware update came out some had their ACM replaced and lost the fake sound completely till they eventually had the update done.

As a test last night to be sure the update was done I sat in the car for 15mins waiting to hear the CD ejecting sound and it didn't happen. However I did notice the shifter dial light came on at the 5min and at 10min mark. Comes on for about 1min then shuts off. No idea why that happens.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Active Noise Control (ANC) is indeed controlled by the DACMC (a part of the ACM in cars with the ANC) that feeds the engine noise to the amp. It's firmware gets updated along with the ACM's firmware. They very well could have just changed the engine sound or just the way it responds in newer firmware.

How is it different? Louder, different tone?
Thats what I was thinking too that the updated firmware also slightly changes the ANC. Some probably wouldn't even notice any difference. My OCD did. As for how it sounds different, hard to say since I've only had the car about 7 weeks and just had the update done yesterday but I would say its not as noticeable unless I go close to WOT. Maybe a bit more tame. I will listen more closely in the coming days.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Noticed on my Ford Pass today that my car went into Deep Sleep Mode yesterday (Tuesday) at 1pm. At this time it was getting its windows tinted. Not sure if I should be worried that the ACM update on Monday didn't fix my battery drain issue or was it just because they had all my doors open for an hour or two while tinting my windows.

If you leave your doors open for a period of time will that active the deep sleep mode ? App says this mode only gets activated when the car has been inactive for 14 consecutive days, the battery voltage drops, or has been in extremely cold weather.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Did you ever charge the battery after they did the update? The battery is probably still low. If the BMS is confused, it may not charge it all the way (which is why it needs to reset if you change the battery).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did you ever charge the battery after they did the update? The battery is probably still low. If the BMS is confused, it may not charge it all the way (which is why it needs to reset if you change the battery).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No I never charged up the battery after Monday's update. Didn't know I needed to and Ford didn't say anything about that. I drive 90mins a day to work back back so wouldn't that be enough charging time ?

I'll email my service guy and ask him if they reset the BMS. Guessing no.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here's their response as to whether they reset the BMS after the ACM firmware update.

I just spoke to my tech and he said he did the reset at the same time as per the procedure from ford. He said to monitor it for the next week or so to see if it still comes up. If it continues he said he would try doing another reset.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Any updates on this? Did ANC get modified with the ACM update? How is the battery?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can't say for sure if the ANC changed I thought initially it did change but I'd only had the car about 6 weeks when the update happened. As for the battery no issues since so I'm confident its resolved.

·
Registered
988 Posts
My dad's FSport (MAY 2017 Build) and mine (JAN 2017 build) both accepted an ACM update via IDS 114.03, but I can't recall if it was 2 revisions or just 1 revision newer - but both needed the same update. Both our cars had dead batteries at the dealer, but the dealer actually gave mine a new one (same Group 90, 590CCA but with 3 year replacement / 100 month pro-rated) while they just jumped his. I never heard my CD player make any noise, but his had the most updated DDM/PDM while mine needed updates. My gearshift module seems to be the newer -AL or higher, because the halo ring only lights at night/dark areas and otherwise has the indicator for the gear lit up for 60 seconds after the CAN activity.

Just recently I sat in the car for over an hour with door locked and never heard any CD ejection sounds or saw any GSM activity, but this is after updating every module possible with VCM2 and IDS 114.03 (couldn't update HCM or GSM as it couldn't detect a part number).

·
Registered
988 Posts
FYI the latest ACM update for the 2017 FSport in IDS 114.03 is HS7T-14D099-AE. I believe the TSB mentioned HS7T-14D099-AD was the latest at the time.

My January 2017 build came with HS7T-14D099-AC, while my dad's May 2017 build came with HS7T-14D099-AD. That said, my dad's FSport seems to have a harder time not draining the battery even though it has the -AD software. I updated both vehicles to -AE, so hopefully the SOC stays higher.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm not sure if this was because of the ACM update, but I noticed that after sitting in the car for over a minute that the audio system cuts out (like the subtle sound of an electronic system shutting off) along with the gearshift indicator. My gearshift module is revision -AK so I found out the glow ring and indicators all glow blue for 60 seconds + CAN event. The gearshift modules of -AL or higher revise this by only lighting the ring and letters for about 5 seconds after initial CAN event and don't light up afterwards. My dad's 2017 is revision -AM and it behaves noticeably different. Mainly my Fusion's gearshift module is very noticeable at night when I lock the car, as the module glows blue for at least 60 seconds.

Anyhow, I thought I'd add this to the battery drainage thread but any electronics operating after the alternator stops running contributes to drainage.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I set up an ammeter to see the current draw when the car is shut off. It starts at 2.83A for about 5 minutes, then steadily drops down towards 90mA-100mA after 10+ minutes.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
I checked my dad's Fusion Sport, who has the same hardware part # gearshift module (-AL) but a newer software version (-AM) so the illumination strategy is newer. His battery current draw when off is about the same as mine, but having that gearshift module turnoff its lights right away makes a lot more sense than having it stay lit for 60 seconds or longer. So I updated the software version on my gearshift module from -AK to -AP. I updated his -AM to -AP as well, but didn't seem to make a difference. For some reason, FJDS did not want to update the GSM on my Fusion Sport so it took a lot of work to finally do it.

TL;DR, don't worry about the gearshift module illumination as it doesn't play a role in battery drain assuming it is working properly. But for peace of mind I updated mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 fusion platinum. I must have hit the Headlight switch and moved it from Auto to On. turned the car off. The next morning, I tried to start and it was dead. Took to dealer after the tow truck driver jumped it, and was told the battery was good and charging system was good too.

Took the car home, noticed the radio and Nav was not working. Did research on Internet, and saw many notes about disconnecting the red cable on the battery. I did that and when I started the car, Radio and Nav worked.

I can confirm that this fix works!

Bill
--------------------------------
2016 Ford Edge Platinum.
2017 ford Fusion Platinum

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,499 (Edited)
I have a 2017 fusion platinum. I must have hit the Headlight switch and moved it from Auto to On. turned the car off. The next morning, I tried to start and it was dead. Took to dealer after the tow truck driver jumped it, and was told the battery was good and charging system was good too.

Took the car home, noticed the radio and Nav was not working. Did research on Internet, and saw many notes about disconnecting the red cable on the battery. I did that and when I started the car, Radio and Nav worked.

I can confirm that this fix works!

Bill
--------------------------------
2016 Ford Edge Platinum.
2017 ford Fusion Platinum
Have you had the updates done?
Your car should have gone into battery save mode .

I prefer to always disconnect the ground (black) but it's your call.

The resetting of the battery is early on in the dead battery thread.

Believe it's still the longest thread in our forum.

Glad you are are mobile again.

PS. I was the 10 weeks plus guy in the pole. LOL 23 weeks before they bought the car back and gave me a new factory order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Add me to the dead battery club 2020 lol

Have a pre-owned 17 Titanium at 113K. Purchased last Xmas, car has dead couple times since then. First time was on the coldest day of the entire winter, temp was like -38c so I thought it was just too cold. Second time was a month later, I figured something is up. Third time was last weekend.

I was aware of the battery drain issue from reading this forum, but just for the sake of checking, took the battery to Canadian Tire for a battery test, result the guy gave me was "it's perfect, better than new!". Did a little test, and of course the CD drive was going nuts on ejecting a ghost disk after the car's turned off. Interesting enough though, it doesn't do it every time the car is turned off. Over two days I have tried several times, and it only acted up like two times. When it acted up, it did the same thing everyone else mentioned here, 'ejecting' disk every 10 secs or so. Dropped the car off at a Ford dealer across the street from my work this morning w/out appointment. Due to covid-19, everything's pretty slow right now so they got me in no problem. I asked for reprogramming ACM to latest calibration and mentioned SSM 46433. Car's sitting at 113k so out of warranty, one hour of labour was charged. Dropped off at 7:40, got called at 10 saying the car is ready. Paid 190 after tax and finger crossed this ACM update fixes the battery draining problem. Build date is 08/16 so I think I am clear from the DDM issue, but only time will tell lol. Still not sure why the original owner never took care of it, but whatever lol.

Absolutely loving the car so far apart from the battery issue, snow has finally melted off here and I can actually enjoy the car on some dry tarmacs for the first time since purchase.

1481 - 1500 of 1500 Posts