Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

How long has your dead battery Sport been in with the dealer?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 1499 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery dead.
Picked up on 12 Sep and currently has 57 miles on it.

We are using it for weekend pleasure driving only.

I can tell you I was pretty disappointed on Friday night to come home to find the car completely dead.

Son... took the boosters off to college.
Too embarrassed to ask a neighbour.

Bought another set and covertly boosted it in the garage.

The only thing I did this week was apply the electric parking brake.
Not sure yet if it is related.
I'm keeping an eye on this!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure there is a battery saver that shuts everything down after a period of time.
I agree,

I have two late model Ford Focus and they go into battery saver mode allowing enough reserve to start.

It's too early for me to jump to conclusions but the only change I made to the car for five days was the
setting of the electric parking brake. Now, I'm not sure as this is a safety feature...could it possibly circumvent the
battery saver mode. If the servo continued to energize after engagement

Maybe this was all a coincidence.

I truly enjoy this car.

UPR Catch Can and LMS Tune to come

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Drove the car the whole weekend without issues. Sunday evening, went to do start it and nothing. I tried using a jump-start pack and nothing, except it turned my interior lights on. This morning I jumped it with cables, and it started. I didn't leave anything on that would have drained the battery. The only thing was I had a frayed lightning cable plugged in. Not sure if that was the culprit...

·
Registered
96 Posts
What is this "frayed lightning cable"?
The charging cable I used to charge my iPhone. There was a part of the cable that was frayed and had the bare wire exposed (possibly got caught or pinched on something). While my phone wasn't plugged in at the time, the cable itself was always plugged into the USB port.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Flew, was the car keys left in the ignition of the car when the battery went dead? I had a 13 F150 that did this on a regular basis. Got on the F150 forum, and found out this was a common occurrence with those years of trucks. Something about the key left in and the main computer going on and off. Went out to the garage one night, my dash was lit up like a Christmas tree with the keys in the off position😳 Last I remembered reading about it, they never found a fix for it. I'm hoping this isn't the problem.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flew, was the car keys left in the ignition of the car when the battery went dead? I had a 13 F150 that did this on a regular basis. Got on the F150 forum, and found out this was a common occurrence with those years of trucks. Something about the key left in and the main computer going on and off. Went out to the garage one night, my dash was lit up like a Christmas tree with the keys in the off position😳 Last I remembered reading about it, they never found a fix for it. I'm hoping this isn't the problem.

Thanks 08superduty,

Keyless button start.
The fob gets parked in the armrest.

I took it for a 20 minute driver last night and parked in the garage.
The electric parking brake is now engaged.

We'll see if all is good this weekend.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do not leave a Smart Key in or near the car. This will continue to drain the battery.
-Lee
Car News & Autos for Sale - Chicago Tribune
You know what..I park the car in the garage and always left the smart key in the cup holder. If this true, then I guess this what drained my battery. The past couple of days (after the battery died) I've kept the key inside the house. Thanks Iskarha.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
19 Posts
I work for an automotive supplier with many test vehicles. We routinely leave the key FOB in the cars and have never had a problem. Sometimes it is only over night but sometimes for days at a time. I am sure it is dependent on the exact car and situation, but with multiple honda, chevy and ford vehicles we have not had a problem.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had a 2005 Prius with one of the first Smart Key Systems. It had a button under the steering wheel that when depressed would disable the cars proximity sensors. The instructions said to disable them when leaving the car sit for more than a few days, otherwise the 12v battery might go dead. Ie, going on vacation.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Glad to see we hopefully figured out this issue ?! I think that's definitely it though.. hopefully you don't have this problem again

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad to see we hopefully figured out this issue ?! I think that's definitely it though.. hopefully you don't have this problem again
Thank you all for the support.

We have a great group here!

Have great day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just happened to me over the weekend. Parked the car in the garage overnight and went in the next morning to only find my car flickering and relays clicking away non stop as the battery was giving its last ounce of energy. Boosted the car, started up no problem but when i drove off, if i put it in sport mode, the S wouldn't come on in the dash. Restarted the car and it was working again.

I don't know if it's a dead cell in the battery, or if there were a constant drain...

(keys were in the house.. )

·
Registered
400 Posts
It is for sure leaving the keys in the car that drains the battery, which is funny because that is the only reason I can think to have a combo entry on the door.

My kids frequently fall asleep in the car so I often just park, open windows and turn off the car, and take that time to browse this forum. I might be in there a half hour and I constantly hear some electrical ticks or other noise every few minutes. Then, even with the car completely off (not in accessory mode), if I get a phone call it will go through blue tooth. My other car does not do this. When that car is off, it is off. If you keys are in the car, the FuSpo thinks you are still in the car and is in a half awake state. Kind of like the Teslas that don't even have push button starts, just sit and go.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2 weeks later.
I have had no further issues with the battery since removing the key fob from the car.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 1499 Posts