Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Battery problem? Check all that apply. No problem? ONLY check the last option.

• Group 400A (bare bones base, no options except moonroof)

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Group 401A (If you have any of the options below other than moon roof, you have this)

Votes: 70 58.8%
  • +Moon roof

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • +Driver Assist Pkg

• +Adaptive Cruise Control

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • +Sinc 3

Votes: 58 48.7%
  • +Voice Navigation

• +Integrated Modem (for Fordpass)

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • +Enhanced active park assist

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I don't have a battery problem.

Votes: 47 39.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you DON'T have a battery problem, ONLY select the LAST option! DO NOT select any other option if you don't have a battery problem.

I just want to get a head count of who is having problems with their battery to hopefully get an idea of if it's related to any particular equipment group. This is just for polling purposes, so if you want to talk about the issue, please refer to the Dead Battery thread.

Oh, if you have an option that isn't listed that you think might be the culprit, feel free to post it. I just don't want a lot of discussion that we'll have to swim through to find those other options.

**I had to redo this thread because I didn't clarify that ONLY those with battery problems should select the equipment options, and I suspect some people were confused by that.**

Reactions: Donjohnk

·
Registered
176 Posts
I really think Ford got a bad batch of batteries, both my ST and now my Fusion have had DOA batteries? Car only has 2100k on it and the battery was DOA this morning "Fusion" I tested it and it had a bad cell, being that I didn't want another Ford DOA, I bought a Duracell for it which I also have in my ST and replaced it back in June of this year. I tested the charging system and all good after installing the new battery. Will see what happens.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I really think Ford got a bad batch of batteries, both my ST and now my Fusion have had DOA batteries? Car only has 2100k on it and the battery was DOA this morning "Fusion" I tested it and it had a bad cell, being that I didn't want another Ford DOA, I bought a Duracell for it which I also have in my ST and replaced it back in June of this year. I tested the charging system and all good after installing the new battery. Will see what happens.
If it is just bad batteries, I got 4 of them so far........

·
Registered
465 Posts
If it is just bad batteries, I got 4 of them so far........
Not the battery.. It's their lame 1st step.
Dealer has to follow Ford protocol in order to get the warranty claim paid.
I went through three batteries... Will not be surprised that they have put in a fourth battery before they finally get the car back to me.

I truly feel for you.. That was a pretty bleak picture you painted surrounding the dead battery at the hockey arena.
I felt like I was there.

All I can say is we have to live vicariously through the happy Fusion Sport owners here.
We'll get there too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bad Battery?

So ... what happened next?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, I have to change my vote from "I don't have a battery problem" to I do have one. Same issue as everyone else and my car is fully loaded. emailed the dealer a bunch of info from this site and others after they just wanted to replace the battery. And the agreed to research it more, so hopefully I won't have to go through a lot of back and forth with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1900 miles, woke up yesterday morning to a dead battery. Assumed my kids left something on, roadside came and jumped. All seemed OK, EXCEPT my entertainment, gps, etc. was dead. Read the threads here (thank you), did a hard reboot by detaching positive battery cable for 5 minutes. Reconnected battery, Entertainment system came back find, but on initial start after the jump, that the car was throwing over heating warnings. Turned car off and back on, all seemed back to normal. Only to wake up and find the stupid car dead again. Havent even made my first payment yet, grrrr. Going back to shop today.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Another Dead Battery Story

So on the 2 week anniversary of ownership, at about 1,000 miles, I got the dreaded "Deep Sleep as car has not been driven in 14 days" or something like that from the FordPass app. Car was built 4Q 2016. Car had been sitting less than one day. Totally absolutely dead. Called Ford Roadside assistance and was towed to the dealer this morning. I printed items from this dead battery thread, and left them in the car taped to the dash for the Ford Tech. Asked that whatever else they do, please perform the two software updates that seem to be the likely cause. I knew about this issue before I bought the car so it was not a surprise. It does seem like it has been figured out. My only beef is that Ford could/should have pushed out the software update and dictated to dealer that the updates be installed prior to the vehicles sale. I do love the car, and this too shall pass :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I fixed my battery problem for free! My car was looking for an update 24/7 and never finding it, which killed the battery in just over a day. I went to https://owner.ford.com/ and downloaded the latest version of Sync 3 for my vin number. Problem solved!

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
I fixed my battery problem for free! My car was looking for an update 24/7 and never finding it, which killed the battery in just over a day. I went to https://owner.ford.com/ and downloaded the latest version of Sync 3 for my vin number. Problem solved!
Some of us found what you describe happens over and over... Wifi looking for the next new update, or confused if it has the newest update and keeps looking... draining battery. I and some others here turned off Wifi completely, which solved that problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some of us found what you describe happens over and over... Wifi looking for the next new update, or confused if it has the newest update and keeps looking... draining battery. I and some others here turned off Wifi completely, which solved that problem.
Yeah. I turned mine off. No real need for it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I couldn't update either of our 2017 Fusion Sports manually using a USB flash drive. Mine managed to update itself over WiFi but my dad's is still running v2.3 and cannot update over WiFi. It's a mystery on how it works or doesn't work.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I couldn't update either of our 2017 Fusion Sports manually using a USB flash drive. Mine managed to update itself over WiFi but my dad's is still running v2.3 and cannot update over WiFi. It's a mystery on how it works or doesn't work.
Enough problems here on the forum to say the updating is not reliable for everyone. Wifi caused my car electrical to hang up and killed the battery more than once. USB can require a special voodoo chant and other potions that doesn't always work. I have had better luck keeping wifi off. I turn it on every 2-3 months and "scan for updates" and so far, no updates and no more dead battery. System scans quickly and reports no updates available.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I think I was trying to push 3.0 onto my 17 FSport and nothing happened. Then 2 months later when I went to drive the car, it magically updated itself. I gave up trying to update my dad's SYNC3, so it is still running 2.3

For my 2018 Explorer, I didn't even bother to lease one with SYNC3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts