Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this issue?

Suddenly my DLRs wont turn on when I turn the car on during the day. At dusk, dawn or when it is dark out they do turn on. Yes I have them enabled under Settings>Vehicle>...

The car was in for service (bad wheel bearing) just before I noticed the DLRs not turning on during the day.

I am placing a call to my dealer but dread having to leave the car with them for such a "minor" issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

·
Registered
626 Posts
Did you try going through the setup screen and toggle off and back on the DRL?

My seat cooler kept coming on,(instead of of heater), with the remote start now that it's 40 degrees outside, I toggled it off and back in the remote start screen and fixed the issue.

I have my DRL turned off anyway, but try going into the screen and toggle off/on, (or see if is't off for some reason), and see if it resolves the issue.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What I found with my vehicle, the light switch has to be set to auto-lights for the DRL's to work. I've toggled on and off in the setup screen with the switch set in manual mode, off during the day obviously, and the DRL's will not work. If you read the owners manual it tells us that the DRL's will work as long as they are checked in the setup screen, which I have found to not be true. Hopefully this helps...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toggled off. turned off the car, opened the door, close the door, toggle back on, turn off the car, turn it back on, no joy. Did this a couple of times with no success.

Rotary light knob is set to auto lights (last position when turning the knob clockwise), no joy.

Wacky I know as they work fine as do the headlights when I turn the car on in the morning when it is still dawn out. Start the car later in the AM when it's light out, no lights on the front of the car come on at all, only if I am in a tunnel will they come on and when I am back in daylight, the lights go out.

I am scheduled for a Tuesday, while I wait, service call.

·
Registered
2017 Sport - Steeda CAI, Steeda BOV, Tuned by Unleashed
1 Posts
Had the same problem and I thought my sensor was bad but realized the daytime lights are only lit when you’re in drive. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
781 Posts
Yep, Car had to be in Drive for the DRL to come on.

Reactions: gabe
1 - 7 of 7 Posts