Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my biggest complaint. Even in shady conditions the dash reflection from the vents and speaker? is clearly noticeable. In sunlight, it's **** near opaque.

Goes away when I put my shades on, but don't always want to drive with glasses on if the sun isn't in my eyes.

Don't think there is anything like Armor All on it, and a dash cover wouldn't cover the vents anyway.

Anyone else bothered by this? Tips to eliminate/reduce it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm. The dash itself is perfectly fine. It's just those **** vents, light sensor etc. that are clearly visible.

Here's a screen grab from my dash cam on a overcast day. Pretty much what I see while driving.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AH. I see. Never noticed it. Maybe I'm used to it.
Not sure if I can ever get used to it. It's downright dangerous imo when the sun hits it if you're not wearing polarized sunglasses. I've driven a number of cars and never had an issue with reflection, even when filthy. Guess if the whole dash is uniform it's easy to tune out, but those vents make it stick out.

Guess I'll try adjusting my seat position to see if it get any better.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not sure if I can ever get used to it. It's downright dangerous imo when the sun hits it if you're not wearing polarized sunglasses. I've driven a number of cars and never had an issue with reflection, even when filthy. Guess if the whole dash is uniform it's easy to tune out, but those vents make it stick out.

Guess I'll try adjusting my seat position to see if it get any better.
Remove the vents and paint them flat black or flat gray.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still bothering me, so trying out a dash cover. Got one that matched the seats/door panel suede fairly closely. Maybe should have just played it safe and gone black, but we'll see. Now I just need to find a sunny day in WI, which is pretty rare :|

·
Registered
189 Posts
OMG,

I need to find a solution to the glare caused by the dash. I'm loving this car and did not expect to come across such a glaring issue whenever the sun hits the windshield. I MUST find a solution as it is really, really getting in my way to the point where I have to slow way down when the glare gets in my way and I do not mean only the vents.

2 suggestions have been tried in this thread, anyone care to comment on how effective either has been or if anyone else has any other solution to offer? "Dulling" the entire dash with something seems to make sense but what to use

I am having an extreme problem here.

Thanks,

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've only noticed this once or twice in glaring, direct sunlight. I'm always wearing polarized sunglasses if the sun is out though, so that might be the easiest solution.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I never noticed but I bet I will now.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 8 of 8 Posts