Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so I'm not sure how many of you guys have young children, but I am both a proud owner of a Fusion Sport and a six year old boy who plays just about every sport out there. Below are some pics of the back seat of my Sport, modified for child chauffeuring duty. Now I know some of you may scuff at this, but I think the Fusion Sport is excellent for my Dad Brand. Sorry Chrysler Pacifica.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not seeing any pics.

But yeah, I've got a rear-facing child seat, which is why I'm considering the Fusion in the first place based on the amount of rear legroom that it offers. Sports will come into play in a few years...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok guys, so I'm not sure how many of you guys have young children, but I am both a proud owner of a Fusion Sport and a six year old boy who plays just about every sport out there. Below are some pics of the back seat of my Sport, modified for child chauffeuring duty. Now I know some of you may scuff at this, but I think the Fusion Sport is excellent for my Dad Brand. Sorry Chrysler Pacifica.
Oops, let's try this again.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same here! How does your booster seat fit? My biggest complaint by far is the way the rear setbelts are setup and trying to buckle my son into his booster seat. I have a Graco 65 at the moment that I think is just a little to wide and makes it VERY hard to buckle with the way the seat belt is recessed into the seats.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the seat belt design isn't the best when it comes to car seats. I used to have the same car seat and the lower back of my Booster is a little skinnier. My son had trouble connecting the seat belt before I shifted the Booster a little toward the door. Part of the difficulty (I think) comes from the slight angle on the plastic portion of the belt connector. Makes it difficult to get into buckle straight especially if it's up against a car seat.

Try stuffing something next to buckle in seat bottom to push it away from the car seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Try stuffing something next to buckle in seat bottom to push it away from the car seat.
Interesting thought. I will have to give that a try. It doesn't help that I have the Inflatable Rear seatbelts which seem to have a larger buckle then the normal ones.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting thought. I will have to give that a try. It doesn't help that I have the Inflatable Rear seatbelts which seem to have a larger buckle then the normal ones.
Oh I see. I don't have those. Not sure how the buckle compares. Good luck. It was really nice when my son became able to buckle himself in. When he initially wasn't able to in the Fusion I was really bummed. I can understand the frustration when you are bending like a circus performer trying to get a cranky toddler buckled in. Been there done that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love this thread, I have two boys in seats (1 booster, 1 standard forward facing) in the back of my vehicles.

Yeah the seat belt design isn't the best when it comes to car seats. I used to have the same car seat and the lower back of my Booster is a little skinnier. My son had trouble connecting the seat belt before I shifted the Booster a little toward the door. Part of the difficulty (I think) comes from the slight angle on the plastic portion of the belt connector. Makes it difficult to get into buckle straight especially if it's up against a car seat.

This is exactly the experience I have in my Edge. I haven't tried stuffing anything in there, but that might work. My son has figured it out now, including scooching the booster over if needed.

I can understand the frustration when you are bending like a circus performer trying to get a cranky toddler buckled in. Been there done that.
Holy **** can I relate!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I put my custom seat cover in (read $10 fleece blanket from Walmart) I looked closely at the seatbelt latch. My son's booster seat is on the passenger side. There is absolutely no way for the latch to extend further away from the seat. Unlike other cars I've had it's a one piece unit connected to a medal "bar". However, there was some play in it from left to right. If you get it to stay farther away from the side of the car seat it should help, stuffing something in there seemed like the easiest solution. I must say however I did not end up doing it, at least not yet. My son seemed to be managing as long as the Booster stays in place after I shifted it towards the door some.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't have kids but I do carry around my nieces from time to time and that custom seat cover seems ideal ! Cheap, full coverage, I like it. Thanks for the idea !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like that inexpensive seat cover could do dog duty, too. Customarily, my dog has never seen the inside of my nice cars and is relegated to old cars like the 1999 Cherokee. But maybe I could cover the back seat, provided that there's a barrier to all 60 pounds of him hopping between the front seats, scratching the console with his claws, and getting fur on the nice leather/Miko suede seats in front. On second thought, maybe he will just stay in the Cherokee!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts