Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m running a 93 octane tune on my car for about a week and today I was giving it some gas on the highway and I had the check engine blinking for about 5-10 secs then it shut off I still pulled over shut the car off and back on and it seemed like everything was fine
When I got hope checked the code and it was cylinder 3 misfire but no check engine light returned to stock tune cleared the code drove over 50 miles no promblems
Car has 23,000 miles spark plugs are 3 years old should I replace the spark plugs ,cooler plugs?need some help

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’m running a 93 octane tune on my car for about a week and today I was giving it some gas on the highway and I had the check engine blinking for about 5-10 secs then it shut off I still pulled over shut the car off and back on and it seemed like everything was fine
When I got hope checked the code and it was cylinder 3 misfire but no check engine light returned to stock tune cleared the code drove over 50 miles no promblems
Car has 23,000 miles spark plugs are 3 years old should I replace the spark plugs ,cooler plugs?need some help
Most recommend re gapping the plugs to .028 (stock is .032 I believe?) I would just change them out and gap the new ones to .028 instead of reusing. But that is just me. Not sure who you are tuned by, but if you can do a data log and send it to the tuner, they can probably help a lot more with what is going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most recommend re gapping the plugs to .028 (stock is .032 I believe?) I would just change them out and gap the new ones to .028 instead of reusing. But that is just me. Not sure who you are tuned by, but if you can do a data log and send it to the tuner, they can probably help a lot more with what is going on.
it’s tuned by unleashed

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I would change the plugs just to be safe

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is common. I've talked to more than a few people who experience the same issue. Usually it was when trying to push the tune or tune for meth. Top of the rpms would cause a misfire that if ignored would throw CEL and limp mode until its shut off. I think there's just so many built in fail safes from the factory that tuning it is finicky and either requires knowledge of tuning (ie tuning it yourself) or a lot of trial and error with a tuner willing to spend the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts