Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the windows tinted (just 30% all around) and my exhaust done at Kelley's Performance and Kustom today. It's not totally done; they still have and a couple more welds and clean up but the windows and exhaust were $325 OTD. Not great but not terrible.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looks well done! And that's not bad at all for price either. Come spring I'll be doing the same. That giant trash can of a muffler has got to go!

Does it actually sound like something with the muffler gone? its so quiet on the outside in stock form....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome, but I doubt I can get away with that in California...

·
Registered
140 Posts
very nice! Post some sound clips!

I've been eagerly wanting something a little more aggressive than stock, but really don't want 'noisy' either. I'd love to put some kind of valved muffler, similar to the stock corvette (I assume thats whats going on with them, at least), that will keep Db's low under partial throttle and wake up under WOT or above a certain RPM

·
Registered
736 Posts
I did that initially but it was too loud for me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can't wait to hear how that sounds. I can only imagine that weight savings you're getting from that as well. Looks like they did a darn good job as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the link to a sound clip. It's not too loud for me and luckily there isn't much hwy drone.

On another note, more pics are coming because they had to redo the pipes since they messed up one of the hangars.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Here's the link to a sound clip. It's not too loud for me and luckily there isn't much hwy drone.
http://youtu.be/mD1Q-u_moDg

On another note, more pics are coming because they had to redo the pipes since they messed up one of the hangars.
Wow that sounds really good! I would do a double take if I heard that noise coming from a ford fusion. If you can, get some in car audio while giving it a few wots and just normal driving.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
AWesome *****

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, gotta hear that under load AND also from the inside to make a justified opinion. Love the end of the video though with your reaction. LOL

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are the updated pics and a vid from inside with all windows closed (I'm not supposed to roll my windows down for 24hrs due to the tint so I'll get another windows down vid soon.)

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That sounds good. Did you notice a boost in performance?

Hard to tell but butt dyno feels faster. I'm going to get a dry drop in filter, let the ECU "relearn" the more air in and out and see how she feels

Reactions: Donjohnk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is the vid from inside, it wouldn't allow me to post the link with the previous message for some reason.
Here's my two cents on the "drone" and loudness. My last few vehicles all had V8's with either straight pipes or exhaust cutouts so I feel like this isn't loud at all. That being said, it seems slightly louder than the average Joe with a cat back on most vehicles (hence the no muffler.) Even though it is loud, the droning is very minimal but there for sure are more vibrations than before. I may put some high temp chafe marking tape near the exhaust connections and see if anything is rubbing or leaking anywhere.
Either way, it's a loud, more free flowing exhaust, affordable exhaust option.

Reactions: Donjohnk

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The only problem with inside with windows up is you get too much of the piped in sound to really tell.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts