Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car just arrived at the dealer. Do you think I should wait until 10/4 to pick up to get new rebates?
Current offer is 0% + $250 and $1000 for current ford owner
Rebates should only get better???

·
Registered
158 Posts
Unless someone on this forum knows insider Ford info, you're not going to get a solid answer. There is a very good marketing reason that all auto makers keep their new incentives WELL under-wraps.

Have you already negotiated the price, exclusive of rebates?

I've had dealers say you could use whichever rebates wanted -- i.e. wait until the 4th and use what is the most attractive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am in a similar situation. My car should be delivered soon. With no trade in or financing, August incentives were about $2000 for me. Labor Day weekend was $3530. Most of September was about $1000. It's $2000 now. Ford car sales were down 8% year on year in August. And will be about 8% down in September. In past years, Ford has offered good incentives in late October. I would certainly prefer having a stable price to all of this manipulation.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got $3,250 in incentives locked in when I ordered on August 15th. Multiple incentives overlap for a few days. My car will be here mid October. I am also leasing so my lease payment is locked. Residuals usually go down (lease price goes up.) If you are purchasing it’s not a factor.
Usually the October incentives are pretty good. In Oct 2015 we leased our Edge and received an additional $1,500 in incentives by waiting. I’d wait, that is what my crystal ball says.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, Fusion sales in September were 18% less than 2015. All Ford cars were down 21%. (September 2015 was a really strong month for Ford.) I hope that Ford will bring back the best incentives again tomorrow. I am doing my best to make the numbers go up!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can believe that the sales are down. lots of 2016/17 Ti's and Plat's sitting on
the lots close to me and they have had a White FFS sitting there for a month
now.

So what's up??

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah I've seen lots of the same cars on the same lots for a couple months now. I don't think the dealers are as busy as they say they are. You know when you go in and they say "oh we signed 12 deals today" sort of B.S....

·
Registered
27 Posts
My car is due to arrive on Friday. I am very excited but it's offset by the thought of walking in to the dealership to negotiate the deal. Kinda makes my skin crawl. I think I'm gonna just call the manager and tell him to take $2K off the sticker (after the adjusted price from the "build your own" page) plus whatever the highest rebate is at 0% for 36 months. I'm hoping the new incentives are >$2K. Take it or leave now that there are lots of FuSpo on the lots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car is due to arrive 10/6. I locked in $1750 in rebates when I ordered on Aug. 22. Since my order I am qualified for $2500 more in rebates. My lease payment keeps dropping :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
My car is due to arrive on Friday. I am very excited but it's offset by the thought of walking in to the dealership to negotiate the deal. Kinda makes my skin crawl. I think I'm gonna just call the manager and tell him to take $2K off the sticker (after the adjusted price from the "build your own" page) plus whatever the highest rebate is at 0% for 36 months. I'm hoping the new incentives are >$2K. Take it or leave now that there are lots of FuSpo on the lots.
There isn't a codified prices paid thread (not at least similar to the detail I've seen on some forums), so I'll post here. I purchased in Sept, and paid 3500 under MSRP, and received the 0% financing. Not the best deal to be had, but it was a fair price w/ a couple of dealer extras tossed in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's the rebates now? All I saw was 1250 with 0% yesterday to purchase
It's not showing up on my phone

·
Registered
24 Posts
This morning is $1750 for me in California. That is worse than Oct. 3. I have the loyalty discount, but no trade in, no financing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So, the way I see it there are basically 3 buckets for discounts....am I correct?

1) When you "build your own" on the Ford site, they show an "incentive" immediately below the MSRP. Here in Colorado it went from $750 to $1,250 on October 4.

2) When you look at financing options, they list a bunch of different options of financing length/rates and rebates. Locally, ours went from $1000 +$500 on October 3 to just $1000 on October 4.

3) Dealer discount. I've seen others on this forum say their dealer took $2000 off sticker. Problem is it's unclear to me if this is before or after point #1 above.

So, after the new incentives came out today, I gained $500 in point #1 and lost $500 in point #2.

I had somebody suggest TrueCar but there is not a lot of history on Sports yet.

Are these all the "buckets" I should be discussing with my dealer??

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just checked with my sales person. My lease incentives went up from $3,250 to $3,750 but the residue went down 2%. So the monthly payment went up $10. I'll be taking the $3,250 and the rates I locked in in August. Remember, incentives vary between purchase and leasing as well as the market location you are in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts