Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer can't locate a new Sport with ACC (Silver or Red). So I may have to order one. For those of you ordering now what are dealers telling you for a delivery time?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Although I cannot answer your question exactly, I resisted my dealers wish to sell me the 1 Fusion Sport he had received and hence placed an order with almost every option. My take on it is minimum of 8 weeks, possibly as long as 12 weeks. I am in Long Island, New York.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I went to Tower, I'm on lease extension on my current car and am eager but expecting it to take 8 to 12 from date of order.

Maybe one of the car mags will decide to publish an in depth review by then. Don't they have a 3 month lead time on articles like this though? And if true, earliest when would they have gotten hands on time?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was told 8 to 10 weeks on June 22nd. Mine was built on Aug 8th and supposed to arrive at the dealer by the 22nd. I'm in Sarasota, FL

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered mine June 4th & it's scheduled to be built August 29th. The variance may be due to options ordered, color or even region of country you are in?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I ordered mine June 4th & it's scheduled to be built August 29th. The variance may be due to options ordered, color or even region of country you are in?
There's something wrong here. I ordered mine 6/3. I sat with the dealer, paid a deposit, and got an order number from Ford on the spot. It was built 6/24 and delivered 8/2 after a week or two "recall" delay in Hermosillo and over a week sitting in a rail yard near Philadelphia. I got every option except parking assist and the inflatable seat belts, and it's platinum white tri-coat -- which involves the most complex process. I'm wondering when your dealer really ordered it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you get a VIN from the dealer?

If not call and ask for one then you can do some checking online.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ordered mine on monday (8/8) and the dealer told me they would send the scheduled build date in 2 weeks, give or take, and to expect delivery on or around 10/3. Most of the cars that my family buys are factory orders since we're all picky and patient, and 8 weeks seems to be the common estimate across the board, and we've never been given a reason to doubt it before, so I'm pretty confident with the 8 week standard... were on the east side of Cleveland.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
8-12 weeks without an allocation. The dealer I went to had an allocation, and told me mine will be here in around 6-8, which I think it will be 8 if I am lucky, cause 6 means 3 more weeks from now, and my order is still shown as processing and hasn't even started building yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
8-12 weeks without an allocation. The dealer I went to had an allocation, and told me mine will be here in around 6-8, which I think it will be 8 if I am lucky, cause 6 means 3 more weeks from now, and my order is still shown as processing and hasn't even started building yet.
I ordered June 20. They are going to start building it on Monday.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I requested to order the week after my dealer had a record Labor Day weekend sales total. I was told they had allocations. Did they actually want to use an allocation on my order? I don't know. I only have the preview of order at this point. I'm supposed to take that as a confirmation of order. Only it isn't. They do some sort of a draft type thing to order stock and retail customer orders. I'm hoping my order will get picked for scheduling.

I don't trust dealers.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't trust dealers.
This as well as other ordering stories are why I went with an existing car that had a couple of options that I probably would not have ordered. I had a lease running out and didn't want to get caught without a replacement vehicle if the order got screwed up. In the end it was worth a few hundred bucks for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's going to be a company car. I can't sacrifice certain options or color. I would like to, but it's got to be white and adaptive and other options for safety. White with adaptive is rare here in California. I spent 2 weeks waiting on a dealer trade. Nobody wanted to trade away their loaded Fusion Sports.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine was ordered 6/14 and arrived 7/27. Order times can vary due to allocation and parts commodity availabilities at Ford such as the 2.7 engine which is also used in The Edge Sport, Lincoln MKX and F-150.

Keep in mind that the Sport is the probably the lowest volume model of the Fusion, but I consider it a special car so its worth the wait. I extended my lease till the order bank was opened for it in late May and was prepared to wait much longer than the 6 weeks mine took to come in.

BTW if anyone is looking for black. Smith Cairns Ford in Yonkers NY has one. I think it has 401a pkg, roof and nav.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Current Sport builds shipped to the Midwest are taking 58 to 66 days from order to deliver. Build date to delivery is about 32 days. Those trains are slow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm at 88 days and counting... It was built Aug 8th and no update since then.. Escalated all the way to corporate, twitter. etc etc.. and still no update..

1 - 20 of 165 Posts