Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
I actually find the lights really great, they have a nice cut off and don't blind oncoming traffic like a lot of the super bright HIDs. If you need further illumination I find that the high setting really helps, and with the auto dim it works nice on the highways. One thing for those of us who live where snow covers the roads 5 months of the year is that the very bright lights just wash out a lot of detail of the near field with all the reflection off the snowy surfaces. I think our lights are a decent comprimise for all the varying conditions in which the public drives. I wouldn't mind a brighter and wider, off road setting for rural driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just joined this evening, and happened to spot this thread and thought I would add my 2 cents worth. I bought a Slipstream Blue SS (auto) last year with the 25% off from Chevrolet, so I got a great deal on it. I overall liked the car and miss it in some ways, however, after owning it for almost a year, there were a few things that were starting to "wear" on me, all silly things mind you. One was the chrome-stuff around the center stack/display screen. At certain times of the day it would reflect light right into my eyes, and was irritating. (Yes, that does seem pretty trivial when I type it out).

The infortainment system is sluggish...the voice recognition is poor. The stereo system is pathetic considering it is advertised as a premium Bose system. I put a subwoofer in the trunk to make up for the poor low end.
Some of the plastic inside the car seemed "cheap", especially for a $50k car.

Even on touring mode, the suspension was a little stuff, not that bad, but a little. I also came to dislike the road noise, which I know often-times goes with the territory for a sport sedan.

Other than that the SS is a great car, the seats are very comfortable, and the engine and transmission are amazing. The braking is fantastic too.

All that being said, I traded to a 2017 Fusion Sport. The Sport is more comfortable as a daily driver, quieter, smoother. Much better sound and infotainment system, plus it has Android Auto which I like. It is almost as fast, and I like the sensation of the AWD when I punch it, more so than the rear wheel drive of the SS. My driving really is more of a commute type thing, so the SS was over-kill, in that I really couldn't use it the way it was meant to be driven that often.
The transmission shifts very smoothly on the FS too. I will say the braking is much much better on the SS, which it should be given the performance brakes.

Both cars are great, and like I said, I still miss the SS at times. It all depends on what you want from your car over time.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts