Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am starting to get some really tempting end of the model year prices sent to me via a few websites. These prices are on new 2017 leftovers. So what critical questions do i need to ask about these leftovers?

2 come to mind right away. First is build date, can you guys refresh my memory about when the "problems" were showing up with the dead battery and the cylinder head problems? And the second is TSBs, were they all completed with documentation.

My current sticking point is how much of a loss do I want to take on my Mazda if I can not sell it outright. I'm getting sub $27K prices for a 400A with sunroof.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Spend some time and go through past threads to get your answers and more. The information is there waiting to be read.

Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't know if build date is everything to do with battery issues. I personally feel like it may be an issue with certain package combinations.

I've also been getting some mailers from Ford with 0% for 72 months and bonus cash.

I'd say only pull the trigger if it's the one you really want!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
So i am starting to get some really tempting end of the model year prices sent to me via a few websites. These prices are on new 2017 leftovers. So what critical questions do i need to ask about these leftovers?

2 come to mind right away. First is build date, can you guys refresh my memory about when the "problems" were showing up with the dead battery and the cylinder head problems? And the second is TSBs, were they all completed with documentation.

My current sticking point is how much of a loss do I want to take on my Mazda if I can not sell it outright. I'm getting sub $27K prices for a 400A with sunroof.
I've driven quite a few lately looking for one. Whichever one you look at, drive it
on the highway at speeds of 50 through 80. Every one I drove except the one I bought,
had minor to major vibrations. I even drove an 18 that was just built and it had a minor vibe.

My 15 AWD also had vibration problems. I had all new tires put on under warantee @ 11K miles.
vibes were better, but came back hard at around 28K.

I thought I read in one thread that the oil issues for heads were build dates of april-oct 2016.
I just stayed clear of anything before Jan, 2017

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've driven quite a few lately looking for one. Whichever one you look at, drive it
on the highway at speeds of 50 through 80. Every one I drove except the one I bought,
had minor to major vibrations. I even drove an 18 that was just built and it had a minor vibe.

My 15 AWD also had vibration problems. I had all new tires put on under warantee @ 11K miles.
vibes were better, but came back hard at around 28K.

I thought I read in one thread that the oil issues for heads were build dates of april-oct 2016.
I just stayed clear of anything before Jan, 2017
I have not heard or recall reading anywhere in the forum about this "vibration" thing. What was the determination of the cause? Bent wheel? Bad tires? Out of balance?

One of the cars I am looking at is new, but 200+ miles on it. The miles do not concern me, but in the photo there was snow on the car, so it might be before the 2017 build year. I'll get some more details this coming week and might try to get in for a test drive on tuesday.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gee, my email inquiry to a specific stock # from Autonation in Wickliffe, OH got a "were sorry, that vehicle is being sold as we speak" response. Email went out about 11:30am today and got a response about an hour later. Funny thing is, it's Sunday and they are closed on Sunday. I smell something burning, like an internet car salesman's pants. Does liar liar pants on fire ring a bell?

My email was very direct and to the point. I asked a few specific questions about that car and told the huckster if they did not have that vehicle on the lot, do not waste mine and his time trying to sell me something else.

Going to put the full court press on this week to move the Mazda. Then I will do a targeted email out to about 10 local dealers and let them fight over my business.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I have not heard or recall reading anywhere in the forum about this "vibration" thing. What was the determination of the cause? Bent wheel? Bad tires? Out of balance?

One of the cars I am looking at is new, but 200+ miles on it. The miles do not concern me, but in the photo there was snow on the car, so it might be before the 2017 build year. I'll get some more details this coming week and might try to get in for a test drive on tuesday.
http://www.fusionsportforums.com/fo...wheels-tires/9954-wheel-shimmy-few-miles.html

Most ford dealer sites have the "view the window sticker" "button"
on their web page. Look at date on bottom of sticker, that is 1-2
weeks before build date, so I'm told.

Also can get a general idea on last 6 of VIN. Try to stay
above 275000 I think, for reference, mine was 319xxx
and it said 3/8/2017

1 - 8 of 8 Posts