Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just installed my new CPE Intercooler, waiting on the velossa tech to show up before I put the bumper back on.

So driving around to test the fit/see if I hose would pop off I got a CEL. Boost top end is just as high as it was before Intercooler and the car “feels” faster and throttle “crispier”

going to run the codes tomorrow but is there any guesses? I check all the tubing and everything seems to be tight along with the air sensor on the passengers side of the car....

Anyone have anything like this when installing an aftermarket FMIC? Could it be that the bumper isn’t on?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P0073 Ambient Air Temp Sensor Circuit A High
Did I mess up the sensor in the grill area?

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
No you ran car with the bumper off? This sets code just drive it a couple times short trips 3-10 miles shut it down for 3-5 minutes crank and drive again. This is normal when you drive the car with nose off. ALso during this period try to limit idling for long periods. I assume your dash is reporting an air temp is something like 40 degrees?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No you ran car with the bumper off? This sets code just drive it a couple times short trips 3-10 miles shut it down for 3-5 minutes crank and drive again. This is normal when you drive the car with nose off. ALso during this period try to limit idling for long periods. I assume your dash is reporting an air temp is something like 40 degrees?
Air temp is being reported at 50F and won’t change. Seems odd that even if that sensor is plugged in that the nose being off would make any difference?

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
This is cause by running the car with the bumper off and unplugged. Multiple drive cycles will resolve this.

Reactions: acdot42

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Have you had a chance to do some hard pulls yet just curious on how it feels with both mods installed

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you had a chance to do some hard pulls yet just curious on how it feels with both mods installed
I’m loving it so far. Updated the tunes. Feels more powerful at higher speeds and down low.

Spark Plugs, PTU fluid and trans fluid next

1 - 9 of 9 Posts