Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) I honestly don't think the "pot hole" thing works... I can feel the potholes very much the same as I feel in other vehicles.

2.) When in "Sport" mode, I punch it and it lags and doesn't shift correctly. The car seems faster and more responsive when NOT in "S" mode!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I don't know about the first one, as I avoid pot holes very well.

The second, I do know what you are saying about a little bit of lag, I think that comes from the transmission dropping into a lower gear for sport mode, almost like it is downshifting multiple times instead of just a straight downshift to a lower gear immediately, but once its shifted the thing moves. Where in normal mode it doesn't downshift as far, so you don't get the power you would normally have in sport.

·
Registered
206 Posts
#1. It's not flawless, but considering I killed 2 tires and bent at least 1 wheel on my 2014 Titanium with 19" wheels, I figure I have some experience. Running my old car and this car over the same road section basically back to back proved to me that the adaptive damping makes a big difference.

#2. I agree that it does seem a little sluggish when punching it in Sport, but I think it's often because it wants to downshift again. I've seen the same effect when coming out of corners in drive and decide to punch it, although it doesn't seem to happen quite as often, but that may be accurate. I might think about it more when driving in a spirited fashion. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
The pothole detection I think works but its not what its cracked up to be.

I love driving the car in sport mode, love how it handles. Whats annoying it seems the transmission wants to hang in a gear at 4k rpm for 1-2 sec before shifting (without using the paddle shift). Seems like its just wasting gas. Its as if you HAVE to drive aggressive or something. That said I still love driving in sport mode as compared to normal mode.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The second, I do know what you are saying about a little bit of lag, I think that comes from the transmission dropping into a lower gear for sport mode, almost like it is downshifting multiple times instead of just a straight downshift to a lower gear immediately, but once its shifted the thing moves. Where in normal mode it doesn't downshift as far, so you don't get the power you would normally have in sport.

Are you speaking from a pre or post tune perspective?

·
Registered
100 Posts
For me, the car seems to take off better when you gradually press the pedal to the floor, instead of just stomping it. And i like that when i press S, the car downshifts in preparation for you to 'get into trouble' >:)

1.) I honestly don't think the "pot hole" thing works... I can feel the potholes very much the same as I feel in other vehicles.

2.) When in "Sport" mode, I punch it and it lags and doesn't shift correctly. The car seems faster and more responsive when NOT in "S" mode!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
481 Posts
For me, the car seems to take off better when you gradually press the pedal to the floor, instead of just stomping it. And i like that when i press S, the car downshifts in preparation for you to 'get into trouble' >:)
thats something ive noticed to it seems to go much better if you ease into the throttle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with all of you! I am glad that you all have the same perspective. I think I am really speaking to the rough shifting and "lag" when I punch it. I notice it hanging in a gear for too long as well. The pothole thing is there I am sure. I just agree that it's not all that it's cracked up to be. BUT, something is better than nothing! So there's that!

Either way, I love the car and with all the features I feel 200 times safer driving my family around in this car vs any other I have owned. Just wanted to get your opinions on those two things :)

Thanks for the comments!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts