Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After learning on 2017 awd se was going to need a new engine due to a cracked block, and finding it was becoming a common issue on that engine, we traded it for a 2018 sport. I have a set of 235/40 or 45 r18 winter tires left from that car, but now need 18" rims to mount them on. What is the proper offset and will other 18" fusion wheels work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
381 Posts
After learning on 2017 awd se was going to need a new engine due to a cracked block, and finding it was becoming a common issue on that engine, we traded it for a 2018 sport. I have a set of 235/40 or 45 r18 winter tires left from that car, but now need 18" rims to mount them on. What is the proper offset and will other 18" fusion wheels work?

Thanks!
Hi oceansun. Yes, other Fusion 18" wheels will work. Not sure of the offset off the top of my head. Will post back when I can verify.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Some 18" wheels will work on the Sport. There have been Fusion wheels that both do and don't fit. Same story with aftermarket 18's, too.

Your best bet would be to both use one of the many online calculators, and search around the forums. For reference, the factory Sport wheels are 19x8 ET55.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
A lot of guys run the Focus 18" snow flake wheels for winter tires...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Some 18" wheels will work on the Sport. There have been Fusion wheels that both do and don't fit. Same story with aftermarket 18's, too.

Your best bet would be to both use one of the many online calculators, and search around the forums. For reference, the factory Sport wheels are 19x8 ET55.
Hi DaMiFo. Yes, you are correct. I should have been more specific. 2nd generation (2013+) Fusion wheels will work. The bolt pattern on 1st generation wheels (2006-2012) is different.

Also, 2nd generation MKZ wheels, certain Focus wheels, etc.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
bbf - Even some 2nd gen Fusion 18" wheels won't clear our front brakes. The bolt pattern, center bore, etc. is all correct, but they don't clear the brakes either due to the offset or the diameter inside the rim.

Also, I tried our '16 Escape Titanium's 19" wheels when we still had that, 19x9 ET55 (same as out stock wheels), they wouldn't clear the brakes. Yet I have '17 Escape 19x9 ET53 (or 52) wheels on mine now, those fit fine.

That's why I, like Oreo, strongly recommend searching through the forums, it's been covered a lot since 2016 so there's a lot of great info and test fits of various Ford wheels.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
381 Posts
bbf - Even some 2nd gen Fusion 18" wheels won't clear our front brakes. The bolt pattern, center bore, etc. Is all correct, but they don't clear the brakes either due to the offset or the diameter inside the rim.

Also, I tried our '16 Escape Titanium's 19" wheels when we still had that, 19x9 ET55, they wouldn't clear the brakes. Yet I have '17 Escape 19x9 ET53 (or 52) wheels on mine now, those fit fine.

That's why I, like Oreo, strongly recommend searching through the forums, it's been covered a lot since 2016 so there's a lot of great info and test fits of various Ford wheels.

Hi DaMiFo. I will take your word for that information. :)

My added recommendation would be: When in doubt, sometimes it is better to contact professional sources (in this case, The Tire Rack and other dependable wheel sources) for information, instead of Internet forums. Because no matter how well intentioned the information (like mine), it may still be incorrect. So if a mistake may cost money, consult a professional.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
FWIW the wheels I just got from Tire Rack fit perfectly and they're 18x8 +40mm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appreciate the answer, it's been difficult to get firm answers even from rim suppliers on what fits the sport as most seem to base fitments solely on the other variants with smaller brakes.

·
Registered
823 Posts
bbf - Even some 2nd gen Fusion 18" wheels won't clear our front brakes. The bolt pattern, center bore, etc. is all correct, but they don't clear the brakes either due to the offset or the diameter inside the rim.

Also, I tried our '16 Escape Titanium's 19" wheels when we still had that, 19x9 ET55 (same as out stock wheels), they wouldn't clear the brakes. Yet I have '17 Escape 19x9 ET53 (or 52) wheels on mine now, those fit fine.

The escape wheel specs are 19x8 +52.5

The edge was offered in 21x9 +55

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts