Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we could have a thread to keep track of whether or not anyone has received any compensation for their dead battery issue. The service manager at my dealership put a request forward on my behalf. Asked for my payments to be offered and a free trailer hitch for my car. That was a few weeks ago and have yet to hear anything back. Anyone else?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I still need to call Ford Corp. I was planning on telling them to credit my account my monthly payment divided by 12 (days in the shop in March). But I have to call. I should probably do that this week... I would be interested in other got something for the issues.

Ford can say they gave me a free rental while the car was in the shop.. but that wasn't really free at about $2/day. Also they only allow for up to $30/day rental from Enterprise, that doesn't even come close to me renting a car with similar performance/features that I have with my Sport. They were doing me no favors.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The best Ford Corp. would do for me was $200 in Ford bucks that I received yesterday. Not to happy but it beats a kick in the head with a frozen boot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wasn't without the car at all. I just had no audio, navigation and voice commands for 3 weeks to a month. If the dealership or I tried to reset these the battery drained so I sucked it up till they replaced the ACM.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Interesting that you got compensation D&D, I may give it them a call then. I also wasn't without my car, but I did have a working radio & voice commands (no ANC and ENH, but that's livable), plus the wear on my battery, and that did brake my driver door module (which still isn't fixed a month later because Ford won't ship the part). Plus the door chimes & back-up sensor beeping still aren't working properly.

Did you call Ford Corporate and just straight up ask for compensation because of your broken car, or did you have to work your way there?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had a case with Ford Corp. and was working with the Rep for our area. He was phoning me or I was phoning him weekly since the issue with the battery drain started. Then it took a month to get a new ACM. My service manager also told the Rep that I was a good costumer and this was not my 1st new Ford. He said the compensation was for the delay in getting the new ACM. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
in my part for all the trouble they gave me a MKC rental a oil change they put my summer tires on and store my winters for free. All form my dealer.

but it my 3 car that i buy form them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My car was in the shop for 30+ in total over the course of 3 visits to service. After the first 2 visits (24 days total) I asked for some kind of compensation from my Dealers CSR.

Ford gave me free scheduled maintenance for the term of my lease.

My car has been behaving itself since the ACM firmware update on my last visit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ford Canada has been total d*cks about this with me, but the dealership has been awesome and done what they can within their own limits. After I had the ACM replaced and picked the car up, they also did a complete exterior and interior detail which was nice since it had been through a Canadian winter. They've also extended my Sirius trial subscription which is less a deal for me but the rest of the family enjoys it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My car was in the shop for 30+ in total over the course of 3 visits to service. After the first 2 visits (24 days total) I asked for some kind of compensation from my Dealers CSR.

Ford gave me free scheduled maintenance for the term of my lease.

My car has been behaving itself since the ACM firmware update on my last visit.
Doesn't 30 days make you eligible for Lemon Law in NY?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts