Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised here are 4 cars that we drive on the track: The first set will will be stock the second set will be with a tune and a list of mods made: I have included advertised Engine HP Torque and Curb weight - the slips I used were very close with DA and 60ft - so it measured car performance - The number for the fusion stock was from last night and not my car but used it since the DA was much better than when I ran our car stock - I did not try to list the tuned HP and Torque but if you want PM me and I will give you what I know - Times are what really matter

Fusion Sport stock: 325HP 380 Torque Curb weight 3695 1/4 ET 13.6 MPH 100.4 ---
Tuned ET 13.49 MPH 99.8//////

F150 2.7 stock 325 HP 375 Torque Curb Weight 4560 ET 13.95 MPH 97.4----
sct Tuned ET 13.21 MPH 101.5 MODs CAI exhaust Intercooler //////

BMW M235xi Stock 325 HP Torque 332 Curb weight 3696 ET 13.01 MPH 104.4----
Tuned: ET 12.24 MPH 108.4 MODs CAI (this was a piggy back tune from Tuner Motor Sports)

2013 Mustang GT 5/0 Stock HP 420 Torque 390 Curb weight: 3618 ET 12.68 MPH 107 MPH --
Tuned and too many mods to list Best ET 11.88 MPH 116.8

There are lots of stuff you can read into these numbers forgetting tunes - one thing for sure is the Sport should be faster stock and heck of lot faster with a tune:

- Any question feel free to PM me - Sorry the above is hard to read will not let me do columns:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Like you said, even leaving the tunes out of the picture, the Sport should be just as fast as the BMW based on stats. As you have driven both maybe you can shed some light as to why the numbers are in the BMWs favor? I just got mine this week and it does seem sluggish out of the hole, but I also think the dealer just put 87 in the tank so won't know for sure until I put some 93 in it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The fusion sport stock has a curb weight of 3982 with no options and over 4000 with options, not 3695. Mine weighed just over 4100 with sunroof, 401a package and cooled seats, with a full tank.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea - got to be something that Ford engineering did - One thing BMW does not do is try to reduce performance - but it is even worse if you look at the truck almost 900 lbs heavier and same engine - 100 lbs can yield 1/10 on ET - Who knows!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have no idea - got to be something that Ford engineering did - One thing BMW does not do is try to reduce performance - but it is even worse if you look at the truck almost 900 lbs heavier and same engine - 100 lbs can yield 1/10 on ET - Who knows!!!!!
It's not 900 lbs heavier. I agree that there seems to be somewhat of a mismatch between quoted numbers and actual performance. But, if we are trying to do a legitimate comparison between vehicles let's at least have accurate information.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
google curb weight 2017 fusion sport I used manf: posted numbers for all the vehicles - and I also know they are not accurate plus just like HP and Torque which are very subjective - true test is track times no doubt there!!
- I put it on the scales last night after the first run and it read 3962 and I weigh 171 and 2 gallons of gas Those scales are accurate and I have no sun roof which adds weight : full take of gas is 72 lbs give or take - I have also weighed my truck with the same gas and it weighs 4765 - so if we go with those number 700lbs lighter - Everyone I know that races cannot believe the Sport does not do better stock not even counting what it should do with a tune - I spent a lot of time on the phone today with the tuner and they have all the slips so lets see - I hope to have some updates installed and make some runs before the end of season Oct 30th - I will post again if anything changes. Not ready to give up but getting close to driving this for the winter and swapping it out next spring -

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
google curb weight 2017 fusion sport I used manf: posted numbers for all the vehicles - and I also know they are not accurate plus just like HP and Torque which are very subjective - true test is track times no doubt there!!
- I put it on the scales last night after the first run and it read 3962 and I weigh 171 and 2 gallons of gas Those scales are accurate and I have no sun roof which adds weight : full take of gas is 72 lbs give or take - I have also weighed my truck with the same gas and it weighs 4765 - so if we go with those number 700lbs lighter - Everyone I know that races cannot believe the Sport does not do better stock not even counting what it should do with a tune - I spent a lot of time on the phone today with the tuner and they have all the slips so lets see - I hope to have some updates installed and make some runs before the end of season Oct 30th - I will post again if anything changes. Not ready to give up but getting close to driving this for the winter and swapping it out next spring -
If the sport is 3695 why is the 15 2.0 AWD listed as 3698? 3962 with no one in it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts