Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Based on the few sport owners I've talked to in person I'd say 5%. I'm the only one that wanted to change anything.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, Ford was guesstimating the Sport would have a 5% take rate. Here's a link to a site with sales numbers for all Fusions.
Ford Fusion US car sales figures
Did a quick, rough numbers crunch and Ford sold just over 380,000 Fusions for 17 &18, so assuming said 5% take rate means about 19,000 Sports. 2019 is on pace for about 193k sales, so about 9500 Sports. So, 17-19 adds up to about 28,500 Sports. The next question is how many Sports will end up in the hands of us enthusiasts out of the projected 28.5k.
Nice, how the **** do you find this stuff. I thought I googled every question regarding Fusion sales.
thank you..

·
Registered
906 Posts
MMMM that's actually a good idea You never know

I'm gonna shoot them a email and see if I get any kind of response.
I'm giving up with hoping someone will make electronic coil overs, I'm thinking about working with ground control to make a conversion kit for the OEM struts. Similar it the s550 mustang kit.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Aren't these Magnaride like the 18 Mustang GT? I bought used no window sticker but that system depended on iron particles in shock fluid and electromagnets to induce damping. I'm old, 54 and I just need to dump this whip down a hair of wheel well over tires and spank Beemers to and from work. Low as I can get on springs only and I'm liking a degree or two negative camber all around as a drop side affect. Five8, magan, yellow coilovers- been looking but springs first whose drop most? Please and thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
Aren't these Magnaride like the 18 Mustang GT? I bought used no window sticker but that system depended on iron particles in shock fluid and electromagnets to induce damping. I'm old, 54 and I just need to dump this whip down a hair of wheel well over tires and spank Beemers to and from work. Low as I can get on springs only and I'm liking a degree or two negative camber all around as a drop side affect. Five8, magan, yellow coilovers- been looking but springs first whose drop most? Please and thanks
Nope, we have variable valve, that's what's sticking out the side of the shock/struts.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
not sure if anyone will read this, I'm pretty sure I was the first person to do coilovers on the sport, I will add more pictures to this thread but I have a set of BC BR currently on the vehicle. I did lose the active dampers however the car hasn't freaked out in the week they have been on since the electronics aren't connected for the suspension

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
213 Posts
not sure if anyone will read this, I'm pretty sure I was the first person to do coilovers on the sport, I will add more pictures to this thread but I have a set of BC BR currently on the vehicle. I did lose the active dampers however the car hasn't freaked out in the week they have been on since the electronics aren't connected for the suspension
I am very interested in the pics of your new coilover setup.

Reactions: thelastsumurai

·
Registered
3 Posts
no added hardware besides the coils, I don't have time at the moment to go jack up the car to do a side picture where you can really get a good picture of the front or rear strut but this is a crap photo I was able to take while it was on the ground.the picture is really bad but you can see to the left the heigh sensor unplugged and the car didn't freak out, no dash lights

Since original post I went down and lifted the rear and took a picture, see below
Tire Car Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
213 Posts
no added hardware besides the coils, I don't have time at the moment to go jack up the car to do a side picture where you can really get a good picture of the front or rear strut but this is a crap photo I was able to take while it was on the ground.the picture is really bad but you can see to the left the heigh sensor unplugged and the car didn't freak out, no dash lights

Since original post I went down and lifted the rear and took a picture, see below
View attachment 28858
So what part numbers did you use?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts