Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something new is happening when I kick the pedal to the floor out on the highway. I get a loud clunk as the transmission down shifts at 65-70 MPH. Almost sounds like a broken mount. I will spend the weekend looking over all the mounts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish my car upshifted this hard. My transmission has never been a good shifting transmission. With a tune it is better, but I am very jealous of folks with a tune who can bark the tires going into 2nd. The 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are so close together under hard acceleration that it feels like one big long sloppy shift.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Only get the clunk on a hard upshift. I'm convinced it's the rear motor mount. Two companies say they have them in development, and I can't get one soon enough.

Please someone - make an improved rear motor mount for this car soon!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am beginning think the shift is happening while the converter is still locked which results in a hard shift.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am convinced it's the rear motor mount. I've read a bunch of other forums (different models), and what is happening to me is what they describe when they had motor mount problems.

The factory motor mount wasn't designed for an Unleashed 93 tune and aggressive driving. Just my opinion...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts