Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally figured out why Ford went with those ugly chrome stripes on the door handles and on the back of the car. Our car looks remarkably similar to the older Tesla model S. No one would confuse the two, but side by side they definitely share styling cues. A little less sleek trunk because it actually has an engine there and a little more trunk space, but everything else is very close. The new Fusion smaller less aggressive grille looks pretty similar to the fake grille on the Tesla. And the added chrome stripe on the back and on the handles are Tesla knock offs. Lights are all similar. Similar European profile.

Just a couple pics I made to compare, but I don't think these even do the comparison justice. Funny thing is, I hate the chrome on the Ford and will black it out at some point, but it looks fine on the Tesla.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
Honestly I like the chrome strip on our cars and how it flows into the clear parts of the tail lights. To me, it looks like it was an afterthought on the Tesla. But that's just my opinion. And the door handles are the exact same as the 2013-2016 models, too. Ford has been using chrome door handles since before Tesla was even around on their "Limited" trim level models.

Also, pretty much every company shares the same styling cues. Ford isn't copying Tesla, Ford and Tesla are both just going with the way style by practicality, aerodynamics, and safety regulations, as is everyone else.

Reactions: Wildcat Birdie

·
Banned
249 Posts
IMO, Tesla looks like no other car...with that said, Ford door handles are shared throughout the parts bin of a ton of other Ford cars.

·
Registered
451 Posts
IMO, Tesla looks like no other car...with that said, Ford door handles are shared throughout the parts bin of a ton of other Ford cars.
I think my shadow black has just the right amount of chrome for my taste.

Cool picture. Hawaii and an Ecoboost Ford. Your living the calendar life!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I park next to my Boss's Tesla every day that I drive in and in person they don't seem that similar other than having 4 doors, 4 wheels, headlights, and tail lights.

Reactions: ike and DaMiFo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts